Chapter 28

KRONACK'S HEART dropped when he heard the real name of Kalisz. He can't believe it. And he can see his family and friends can't too.

Natahimik ang buong hapag matapos sabihin ni Kalisz ang buong pangalan nito. Napalingon sila sa pwesto ni Rage nang naibagsak nito ang hawak na kutsilyo at tinidor.

"W-What is you name a-again?" Nahihirapan nitong tanong habang titig na titig kay Kalisz.

Naramdaman ni Kronack ang paghigpit ng hawak ni Kalisz sa kamay niya kaya napalingon siya dito. Mukhang napansin ng dalaga ang pag-iiba ng atmospera sa hapag.

"K-Kale Maurisz Birton," Kalisz answered, saying the same name.

Kalisz looked around and to him with a confused look.

"Uhm... w-why? I mean-"

Napatigil sa pagsasalita si Kalisz nang tumayo si Rage at nagmamadaling nilisan ang lugar. Not a second later Auri signalled and stood up to follow his brother.

Kronack heaved a deep sigh then looked at Kalisz and smiled.

"Uhm, babe it's okay. Rage will come around to explain his behaviour," aniya dito.

"Is there something wrong with my name?" Kalisz asked frowning. "Why did you all look shocked and can't believe it?"

Kronack looked at his family and friends giving them a warning look not to answer her before his gaze shifted back to Kalisz.

"Sweet babe, can I talk about it later? Alone, with you?" Nag-aalangan na tanong niya.

Kalisz looked directly into his eyes. He can see confusion, worries and hesitation. But he was relieved when she nodded her head in agreement.

Kronack kissed Kalisz's hands and leaned to whisper to her ear. "Don't worry babe, I'll explain it to you later."

"Is Rage mad? Did I offend him or something-"

He planted a light kiss on her lips to stop her, then smiled at her reassuringly.

"He is okay babe. He just remembered someone really special to him, that's why," aniya sa dalaga.

Pero hindi maiwasan ni Kronack ang mag-alala. Palihim silang nagkatinginan ng mga kapatid at kaibigan. He can see they are also worried.

When he glanced at his mom, he can see how glossy is her eyes and dad was holding her hand. Mom was looking at Kalisz with relief, sadness, joy- a mix of emotions. Then mom looked up and sighed before turning to him.

"Uhm so, tell me Kronack, did you already show Kalisz around the Crown island?" his mother asked to change the topic and atmosphere.

"No mom, but I plan to show her around this week," sagot niya.

"That's good." Tapos ay hinawakan ng ina niya ang kamay ni Kalisz at ngumiti rito. "I will borrow you sometimes to have a bonding with you."

Nahihiyang ngumiti si Kalisz sa ina niya. "Okay lang po kung 'yon ang gusto niyo."

"Oh, I love it, dear," his mother glanced at him for a second and back to Kalisz. "I'll tell you a lot about Kronack," then smiled sweetly.

"No mom! You're not telling Kalisz anything!" Kronack said horrified.

Fuck! He did a lot of shit before he met Kalisz. And that smile of her Mom gives him a bad vibe.

"Why not?" Nagtatakang tanong sa kanya ni Kalisz. "I would love to know more about you."

"You can ask me, babe," sagot niya dito.

"With filtered answers," Rosh butted in.

Matalim na tinignan niya ang kapatid na tumawa lang. Asshole!