sixteen

I sit in Moody's class. "I suppose not a lot of you attended Professor Lupin's class last year?" He asks. Right I didn't attend Lupin's class. "Today I will repeat a lesson you should've learned last year. Who knows what a Patronus is?" Moody asks us. "Yes?" He motions Granger. "A Patronus is a defensive spell which protects the caster against dementors sir, It takes form in animals depending on the caster." Mud-blood speaks like a book.

"Very well, sit down. Now," He heads to the chalkboard to draw a mountain. "To cast your Patronus you need to think of your happiest memory." Draco snickers in the back earning a look from Mad-Eye Moody. "Pathetic... Happy Memories? Might as well ask us to fly like Peter Pan." Draco whispers loud enough which made Moody throw a chalk across the room.

"Now look at this mountain." Moody refers to his drawing on the board. "Each of our lives are like mountain ranges, there are peaks, some taller than the others. But there's the tallest peak, the happiest moment in your life. In casting a Patronus you have to think about that." He takes out an old treasure box. "Inside is a Dementor, defend yourselves." He asks us to form a line.

As I draw nearer the box I become nervous. It's Draco's turn, When the dementor attacked he purposely dropped his wand. Moody had to cast his Patronus to protect Draco. "I dropped my wand." Draco walks out of class in a sour mood. Two students then it's my turn, come on think Nicodemius! What's my happiest memory? What would Draco think of? Birth? Birthday? Gifts? Luxury? Think!

"Ready King," Moody unlocks the box. The students screaming, It's foul aura circling the classroom. Family ? Birthdays, Christmas? Necklaces? Anything!

"Expecto Patronum!" My voice shaky as ever. Before I knew it, everything was black.

-

"Hey," Azra was crouching over my bed, Malfoy beside her. "What happened?" I ask them. "You tell us." Azra takes a seat on the chair beside the bed. "Moody is Ridiculous. What kind of people do they let teach at Hogwarts?" Malfoy seemingly furious. "You couldn't cast one." He states rather than asking. I nod. I guess he couldn't either.

"By the way," Draco starts but never follows up with more words, he looks at Azra. "You should rest in your common room, You wouldn't sleep in anything other than your bed anyways." She, Draco and I head to the Slytherin common room.

Now Draco and I were the only people inside. "By the way, you're close with Diggory aren't you? I mean, you guys speak and stuff?" I sit in silence waiting for him to continue. "Could you ask him If I can sponsor his Potter Stinks badges." I stare at him confused.

"Everyone's calling Potter a cheat because he also got into the Triwizard so they've been wearing Potter Stinks badges. Tell your friend I can sponsor him!" Draco almost laughing. "Very mature Draco. Azra won't like you bullying her fellow Gryffindor. He swallows.