ten

I spent the morning preparing myself for Professor Mcgonagall has excused me and Draco from all classes today. We're having a family dinner that Uncle Lucius had planned. I straightened the collar of my black wool dress coat. Malfoy was fixing his suit in front of the mirror beside the sofa.

"Gregory, Vincent, We'll head out first." I say walking out before Draco. "Don't eat too much sweets during lunch. I'll find out." Draco in a monotone voice to his goons. "Be quicker, you know Father does not like being late." He ushers me with his hand on my arm.

Draco and I face the gloomy entrance of the manor, eerie air tickling our ears. The servants open the three thousand year old Agar Wood door, The words 'Non Ducor Duco' playing along with the shavings of flowers on the door.

Aunt Narcissa stands at the sight of Draco engulfing him into a hug. "You've come of age since the last time I've seen you," aunt greets me while I kiss my mum and dad on the cheeks. "Uncle," I nod toward Uncle Lucius.

We sit quietly on the ebony dining set. Father clears his throat. "Draco has grown into a fine young man wouldn't you think so Lucius?" Draco's eyes wander around. Aunt Narcissa puts her arm around the boy giving him a peck on the cheek and smiling towards my Mother.

"Nobody else is coming?" Mother asks Uncle Lucius before tightly gripping my hand under the table. "I suppose." Uncle responds, his eyes wandering toward the entrance as Aunt Narcissa starts piling plates with food for me and Draco.

"Shall we?" were the last words spoken before we enter a painfully quiet meal, sometimes disturbed by Narcissa and My Mother's small talk.

-

"The tarts were good." I smile as Draco as we rode back to the school. "Yeah, It wasn't so bad." His smile does not reach his eyes.

"Soon we'll be in 4th year." I make up conversation. It's always hard for me and Draco to attend family gatherings. "You're still a little brat." He jokes earning a frown from me. "You're not exactly all mature either, we're just kids, Draco. You're just a boy." I address the lad who was only a few months older than I am.

-

The days pass by so quickly, and there were only four days left before the end of third year. Dumbledore was calling us for a gathering at the great hall which brought students of all houses and ages assembling quickly, sitting at their house tables.

"We are approaching an end to this wonderful school year. Some friends may be leaving," He addresses the pupils spending their last year at Hogwarts. "However, some will stay to be familiar faces greeting us again next year. In the next days are the quidditch finals which will then decide whose flag gets hung by the end of this school year." He stops to clear his throat.

"Is it Gryffindor?" The old man gives a look to Potter and his crowd with a gentle smile. "Ravenclaw?" Claps and Cheers echo the halls. "Hufflepuff?" Howls and Shrieks numb my ears as the most cheery house is called. "Or Slytherin?" Dumbledore offers a kind look to Professor Snape and to us.