Chapter Eight

"The best way to predict the future, is to create it."
                          Abraham Lincoln

Diana's POV

The plane took off leaving New Jersey for Boston. Traveling on air from New Jersey to Boston Massachusetts, was going to take 0.42 hours. If traveling on vehicle it was going to take 4 to 5 hours.

Truly I felt homesick in the plane when it left New Jersey. But I gotta be strong because I'm about to explore another place unknown.

During the flight, Stephen didn't bother talking to me. Well I wasn't even expecting him too. But I caught his glance severely when I was busy reading my poetry book.

He's a lady man and I'm aware of that. All of a sudden he wants to be nice to me while his girlfriend was sitting at row 9.

Well that's typical of rich kids, atleast I approached him by pissing him off, so he can see a clear picture of himself in reality.

In fact, I didn't like the idea of seeing him with another girl. I have a feeling were meant for each other but the timing is not right.

As we arrived at Boston Logan airport, the climate was mild. The airport was very huge and surrounded by sea. It was a terrific view.

It was not as bad as I thought it would be but for the first time I felt alone.
I got my stuff at the arrival lounge and made my way out to the bus station.

I jumped on the bus which was heading on to cambridge, Massachusetts. On the hiway to Harvard, the view was beautiful and breathtaking.
Green grasses and tall trees with all sorts of flowering plants and their unique color made the highway look attractive. It was like a country side of it's own.

Finally I arrived at Cambridge, Harvard School of business. The campus itself was glorious. The school buildings look more ancient, classic and more like the White House itself.

I was overwhelmed with the breathtaking view. As I approached the freshman dormitorys, I was given a room at the Apley Court dorm.

Since I won a scholarship, I had the previledge to sleep alone having the largest room in the dormitory to myself. Our dean was Mrs. Wong she's Chinese and she was very sweet and open.

After induction, we were told to go to our respective rooms and get ourselves prepared for tomorrow's classes.

I was very tired, it was a long day after all so I went straight to bed. Before I took a nap, I realized how much I missed home. Then I remembered what my foster dad gave me at the airport.

I took the envelope from my back pack and tore it. There was five thousand U.S dollars in cash inside plus a photograph.

As I turned the photograph to see, I saw a group photo of newly graduates at Harvard University all smiling and standing in three rows. It was written," Class Of  2000".

In the middle there was a strawberry blondie which looked like my deceased mum, and at the back row there was a young man that looked like...well he looked like my foster dad, Tony Parker...?

"Why would my foster dad and my dead mother be in a photograph together...?" I asked myself.

Why would my foster dad put this picture in the envelope? As I was thinking about it as my eyes grew weary and I fell into a deep sleep.

Stephen's POV

It was my second year at Harvard School Of Business. With my outgoing personality and performance in academy and sports, I got to be the prefix for my resident, the Winthrop House.

After settling in my room which I share with my roommate and my high school bestfriend Liam, I decided to take a walk around the campus.

I decided to look for Diana, since I met her on the plane, I find her quite amusing. She seems to be very challenging and I admire that type of personality.

I couldn't stop thinking about her, and was wondering if I should get to know her. I went across more than ten dormitorys so far, until I found her dorm.

She was residing at the Apley Court dormitory. As long as I know her location, I'm letting her settling in first.