Chapter Five

Mrs. Parkers POV

It was going to be a long weekend this weekend and I miss Tony so much. It's been two weeks since he left for Malaysia, so I decided to go spend this long weekend with him.

I told him and he agreed already. I got myself prepared to leave on the next morning and also listed down the chores Diana had to do on a paper.

Diana's house chore list was long and satisfying.
My daughter Meera is my world because she is a good listener and she never fails to keep an eye on Diana.

She is just like me. On the other hand Sheba is under a special medical treatment that we never keep the doctors away from her.

I decided to talk to my daughters, excluding Diana at dinner time tonight before I leave tomorrow morning.

Diana's POV

There she was sitting comfortably on the creamy white sofer, the woman I called mother. She looked radiant in her Gucci Armani silky peach color suit.

There wasn't one time her hair was out of place, everything about her was perfect and fixed.
He brown cat eyes looking sharp as she was glaring at me as I walked across the living room, I quickly took my seat and waited for my orders.

Mrs. Parker's POV

Poor Diana, everytime I lay my eyes upon her, I would think of her dead mother, the witch who ruined my life.
She's dead and gone and I got nothing to worry about, except her little monster, I adopted upon my husband's request.

Just by looking at her face, I felt a huge needle pricking my heart, I hate feeling that way. I gave a wicked grin as I watched her entering the living room. Not long she will end up just like her mother as I thought.

" Diana"

"Yes", she answered.

" You must know you got a lot of chores to do around the house when I'm gone. Here is a list of the chores I want you to do and I want you to attend Sheba very well because she is currently not stable."

As I wanted to continue, Diana cleared her throat and said,"Excuse me mother...,I have two major assignments to do over the long weekend. Atleast I can do half of the house chores, but I really need some spare time to complete my assignments please...?"

Did she just cut in when I'm not finished yet? I always knew she was selfish and a good pretender like her mum, as I studied her with an evil grin on my face...

"Haha", I started to laugh.

" No, sweetheart. " I quickly said

" There will never be a spare time or free time or whatever time you call... for you, as long as you are living under my roof." I answered with a stern face.

" You will do your house duties and I'll make sure Meera supervises you."

From there I left the list on the glass table, and walked off. She has to work hard if she wants to survive, otherwise there's lots of options available for sorry people like her.

Early next morning I took off to Malaysia. Before I left for the airport, I gave Meera the car key's to my Rolls Royce and told her to keep an eye on Diana.

I promised to bring my girls some gift package from Malaysia and that excludes Diana.

Diana's POV

It has been a week of tiring endless chores at home, with Meera ordering me here and there, with a satisfaction grin on her face.

And mother never came back as she said she would.  Because of that, I didn't get a chance to complete my major math assignment.

So I decided to go somewhere... and that's when I thought of the school's study zone with free wifi.

One Sunday morning I took a walk down towards the school. The boys were already there for soccer practice as usual. I made my way to the study zone and started with my assignment.

After completing my assignments and homework, I packed my stuff in my back pack when suddenly the photograph of my real parents fell out of my wallet...

That's when my tears started falling.... silently....as my eyes were searching their faces....... on that soft old photo I held between my finger's.

I wiped my tears and felt a strong surge in myself that I gotta be strong no matter what  negativity I face in this world.
As I made my way out I decided to take rest at one of the school bence at the school parking lot.

It was then I heard him from behind...

"Hi..." Stephen said...

I didn't respond because I wasn't in the right mood. And my eyes were swollen and red... how could I face him....?

I pretended and turned around to see him without saying a word... then I looked away as swiftly as I could so that he won't read my face.

"Diana... your name is Diana right...?" He stated plainly.

I just nodded and sat still, giving my back to him.

"Well I'm Stephen... Stephen Davis..." He said while giving me his hands to shake which I shook....

Why can't he just leave or something...? He should know by now that I need privacy and I'm not gonna give him a conversation....

From there I got up and walked away... not giving him a chance talk.