4- The Game

The end is near.

George followed behind Dream, as he walked down a small narrow tunnel, a secret underground area, rooted below L'manburg. "Ya know, you never actually told me your plan." George looked at Dream, who seemed lost in thought. A hesitant pause from the green masked man before he stopped and turned to George.

"The discs."
"What about the discs?"
"I'm going to use them."
"You're hosting a party?"

Dream sighed, agitated by the oblivious mindset of his best friend. He looked at him, scanning his face for a moment, before motioning George to continue walking.

"I have a disc in which can make those who hear fall into a mind controlling state when they hear the sound." There was an eerie aura in the tunnels. "Mellohi..." George mumbled, astounded at Dream's plan. Dream nodded, almost fearful to turn and see George's face.

"You want to mind control L'manburg?"
"Almost, Control in order to take their freedom and take control of the land."
"What about me and Sapnap?"
"You'll be safe, I've got a separate plan."

A shaky breath escaped George. It was a lot to take in. A lot to process.

"Dream..."

There was silence, paralysis flooded George, he never liked being ignorant, but sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

"George, I promise it's for the best."
He turned around and grabbed George's hands, they were ice cold, they both looked into each others eyes.

"It'll be back to normal. I'm doing this for you guys!" Dreams tone was innocent, no malicious intent could be detected. George still seemed hesitant. "What about the others? They are people too." George questioned, uncertainty washed over his face. Dream merely smiled and let go of George.

"I still need to do a bit more research, but they'll be safe. I am not a bad guy."

Dream continued to walk back towards the exit, in which was located underneath their base, George snapped out of his thoughts and quickly followed behind. Passing torches, tunnels and glistening ores, they finally reached the light.

"I'll be in my office. Let me know if you need anything."

Dream immediately walked towards his library. For someone who is hungry for knowledge, he would sometimes spend hours gazing at a variety of books, which has benefited him in the past. The library was grand, shelves were stacked with books, towered over the room. It seemed meticulous and clean, an area on which was one's pride and joy.

Dream scanned the shelves, his finger tracing each spine. He paused for a moment, before pulling a book out. The Mind: Mellohi. A smile washed over his face as he walked away to his desk, placing his mask down before settling into his seat.

He flicked through the pages, his eyes were scanning from left to right. His knee bounced as he concentrated on the book. Suddenly, a small yes was whispered as he stopped upon a page.
Chapter 13: The effects of Mellohi.

Mellohi: A mind controlling music disc, composed that once played to someone, it would brainwash the individual to become a mindless servant to the owner of the disc.

Effects:
- Mind Control
- Ego Splitting
- Amnesia
- Obedience
- Rare: insanity.

Dream sat there, tapping his finger upon the mahogany desk.
"So, Mindless puppets? Ego Splitting?"

Curiousity killed the cat, but others learned from the mistake, right? He paused for a moment. Alter egos? Trial and testing must be conducted before the final act could be performed.

He thought to himself for a moment. How can the effects be reversed? We'll try on someone, for sure.

He got up from the chair, placed the mask upon his face. He walked over to the shelf and returned the book. 2 claps and the lights were off. He finally walked out of the grand library with a devilish smirk upon his face.

He decided to go down underground again, intending to adjust some redstone for maximum efficiency. As he walked, he could hear the sound of stone and tapping. Another presence could be felt. Dream drawed his crossbow and paced quicker down the tunnels. As his pacing sped, so did the tapping, like a dog attached to a scent, he quickly turned around corners and down paths. A labyrinth full of redstone and speakers. Dream was doubting himself for a moment as the tapping stopped. Maybe it was George or Sapnap helping out? Maybe Punz was getting more supplies? Dream quickly shook those thoughts away and started slowly stalking the halls, crossbow was loaded and ready to fire at any moment. The sound of tapping, like footsteps, edged closer and closer. It was unsettling for some, like a jumpscare waiting to happen. Dream gazed around the corner. Nothing was in sight. He continued to walk and looked behind him, aiming his crossbow with such precision. He slowly turned around to see a small boy wearing a military uniform. They stood there, silently. Staring at each other before they whispered in unison.

"Shit."

~End of Chapter 4~