"And Sharon? She's asleep, right?" I went on, ignoring her sass.

Wait, what? Why would I even ask that?

I tucked her into bed myself, and left Krisdana to stay with her, in the room.

Sharon had been close to giving my mum high BP with her constant athsma attacks. On Monday, she had the worst one yet and mum had called me after everything was calm again. I had to still get her something I knew she'd like. It wouldn't heal her athsma, but atleast it'd go a long way to make her happy.

"And you?" I asked Krisdana, who was still looking at me. "How have you been holding up?"

She unfolded her arms and rolled her eyes, a sigh leaving simutaneously.

"Can you stop this?" She came at me, suddenly changing form.

"Stop what?" I asked, honestly having not a single clue what she was talking about.

"Putting everyone first, even when you need just as much attention and care. You keep making me a priority, even when you're clearly doing just as bad as I am!" She truthfully admitted, giving her hands in the air.

"Kris.."

"No, let me say my mind!" She cut me off, shutting me right up.

"You literally lived in my house the whole of last week because I was heartbroken. You took my issue upon yourself like it was the world. You cared, you were there with me 247, everytime I needed someone, and you won't even let me do the same for you!" She was almost yelling at me.

"Kris, I'm fine. Nothing is wrong with me." I told her, calmly.

"Bullshit!" She spat.

"Oh, God.." I muttered to myself in slight frustration.

"I know you're literally bleeding inside!" She said.

I was bleeding. Was. But right now, I feel numb. The pain hit so bad the previous days that at the moment, I felt absolutely numb.

I literally couldn't feel my heart anymore. I felt dead. I was breathing, but I was dead. Detached. It's not a feeling that's easy to explain. A part of me has been forcefully chunked out and that hurt until I just couldn't feel the pain anymore.

"The least you can do is open up to me and let me reciprocate everything you do for me. Your efforts are one sided and that's totally your fault. You don't even talk about anything with me anymore." Krisdana said to me. This time, her voice was softer.

..I don't talk about anything with her anymore..

Not since Giwa.

"I know you're still hurt about Giwa." She said again.

Hearing that name did things to me... Good and bad, very bad things.

Instantly, I felt pain all over again.

The pain I had numbed so well these past few days. That dark, depressing pain that filled me with bitterness and rage. It made me think of sorts of brain shattering thoughts, degrading thoughts, angered thoughts, every thing sinister accompanied it. I hated that feeling. That was why I had numbed it.

"I saw what you did for her on Monday." She said. I could hint the smile on her face, even through her voice.

Instantly, I was able to recall everything that happened that evening.

Not too long after the meeting with the school authorities rounded up, I walked into block, just in time to see that bastard, Kaniru, probing a leg out for Giwa to trip over.