Head in the clouds

Start from the beginning

"He died, Son Chaeyoung" Jihyo then shed tears, she immediately wiped it.

"So, please I beg you, show some respect. Or just leave. Please" Jihyo said it and then she left Chaeyoung, she wiped her tears again, she went back to Chan's funeral chamber.

Chaeyoung shed tears, she tried to calm herself down.

Jihyo was right, she didn't have the right to be here actually.

Chaeyoung didn't go back to the funeral home, she went outside to the parking car and calm herself there. She took a deep breath, she cried again. Jihyo was right, all she can think is Mina right now. She's badly injured as well. She then started the engine and drove back to the hospital again.

It's almost midnight, at first she just stayed in the waiting room, still calm herself down. Then after an hour, she moved to the VIP floor.

She couldn't come inside, but she could take a peek from the window on the door. Mina's parents are already there. Mina's mom stayed beside the bed, holding her daughter's hand while she fell asleep. Mina's dad lay on the sofa, while her brother fell asleep sitting down. Her parents just took an 11 hours flight from Seattle and directly came to the hospital.

Mina is still on a breathing machine, Chaeyoung assumed that she hasn't woken up yet. It brings tears to her eyes, she hopes that Mina would wake up soon. She prayed a lot in every breath she took that Mina would wake up.

Chaeyoung then stayed outside, she sat just outside Mina's room, leaned and rested her head on the wall. Today has been a lot, she bangs her head too many times, she wanted to stop thinking, but her mind is so full of thoughts, so many bad thoughts. Chaeyoung couldn't imagine when Mina woke up and Chan was long gone.

Chaeyoung woke up to the sound of Mina's door ward being slid, Chaeyoung looked at a young girl entering the ward, and Mina's brother followed her. It's Sujin. Chaeyoung knew from the funeral, Sujin was still in her black hanbok, Sujin ran inside. The door was closed after, Chaeyoung then peeks again, Sujin cried in her grandmother's arms while looking at her mom.

Mina is still unconscious.

The family then all gathered together beside the bed looked at her, Mina's mom and Sujin were crying. Her brother embraces his dad. Mina's family were all there, Chaeyoung then left the ward, dragging her feet towards the elevator.

Mina's parents left Mina for a while to visit the funeral home, it was a really sad scene for everyone. Mina's mom broke into tears looking at the photos of their son-in-law. Now dead. As a parent, they can't help but be selfish toward their daughter. Though Mina's marriage wasn't perfect and the parents know that, how can Mina survive without Chan. Mina married the guys for 13 years, Mina's parents know that Chan helped her overcome some of her problems. Mina survives this world mentally and financially, Thanks to Bang Chan. Mina's parents are truly sad that they lost their son-in-law, though they didn't meet often, still, Chan was the man that Mina chose to marry.

Chan's family understands that Mina's parents couldn't stay long as Mina hasn't regained consciousness. Day 3 after Chan died they prepared to deliver him to his last resting place. The media covered the last scene where the family put his coffin in the ambulance. His burial ceremony is for his family only, the media only covered up until he left the funeral home. Chan's mom, Chan's brother, and his family as well as Sujin went to his last resting place in Gyeonggi-do.

The family held the burial ceremony then buried him there. Chan's mother was still hysterical up until the last time, of course. A mother would never let go of her child like this. Chan was so fine, it was just 1 hour after they parted outside her apartment, and then all of sudden he's gone. It was all too fast for anybody else. That day, the family just spent their time together, they finally spent wisely this time, not Chan being constantly on his phone like he used to. Chan is finally playing with his daughter and now her dad is gone.

Everything went too fast for everybody.

And yet Mina is still unconscious, it's been 3 days as well.

Sujin is staying with her mother, holding her right hand in both hands, looking at her mom, and praying that she would wake up soon. Mina's family never stopped praying for her.

Chaeyoung drags her feet again to Mina's ward, it's been 7 days, she doesn't want to lose hope, she doesn't want to lose her faith, but it's isn't easy to keep that positive thought nowadays. She looks at Mina's ward from afar, she takes a deep breath.

The sound of fast footsteps come from her behind, doctors and nurses are running past her. Chaeyoung sees it, they all come to Mina's ward, Chaeyoung's eyes grow wider, and also run toward the room. Again she stops at the door, looking worriedly from the outside, the doctors and her family roaming around her, Chaeyoung can't see clearly. She can only look at her brother's face, and he somehow smiles and feels relieved. Chaeyoung doesn't know what happened.

The doctor moves his way a bit, Chaeyoung is now able to see Mina's face.

Her eyes are open.

Chaeyoung covers her mouth, she can't believe that Mina is finally waking up. Her tears are running down, finally, Mina is awake. Her heart is beating so fast, Mina is alive. The nurses raise the bed, then help her detached the breathing tube from her mouth, her mom immediately gave her water with the straw. Mina takes it.

Mina nods to her parents and smiles softly to them, Sujin holds her right hand and she squeezed it back, a nod to her. Sujin has been worried the past few days, she couldn't lose her mom too after her dad passed away, she cried too many times, she just lost her father and she can't lose her mom as well. All the family is now smiling.

"Thank you God, really thank you," Chaeyoung said a lot to herself.

It's enough for her, thank God that Mina is alive, it's everything she asked for.

Chaeyoung takes a deep breath and sees her from afar once again, she smiles toward the scene and leaves the room, this time her steps slightly lighter than yesterday.