Chapter 3- Choice

It was a miracle that nobody noticed the belle of the ball, Guinevere Baroque, happily dancing with a mysterious masked man.

This was probably because they were in a more secluded part of the ballroom. The other guests were still busy dancing with each other or continuing to eat food from the banquet to notice them. Guinevere and Gusion continued to dance to the soft and slow melody that was being played by the orchestra, their bodies swaying to the beat. To the girl's surprise, she found the dance enjoyable, unlike her previous dances with other men

Throughout the first part of the dance, Guinevere was flushed red because her movements were sloppy and slow. Her mind, more focused on not stepping on his foot rather than to dance. She continued to hide her face in his chest but after some time she relaxed, lifting her head to look up at him. The chestnut haired boy gave her warm smiles and reassured her by whispering words of encouragement in her ear, making her way beyond embarrassed but she couldn't deny that his words made her more comfortable and helped ease her up. By now they were moving in sync with each other.

She stared up into his captivating blue eyes, pulling her deep into the blue she might drown, and she felt that familiar tug in her heart. Why did he seem so, so familiar?

The mask only covered the parts surrounding his eyes and the bridge of his nose, leaving the rest of his face on display. Her eyes gazed into his, green and blue clashing. It was mesmerizing, how his eyes stared back with a hint of warmth.

It was undeniable, he had the most beautiful eyes. Periodt.

She started to notice the other parts of his face, like his high cheekbones and flawless, pale skin. He was so handsome that it should be illegal. 

Was she internally fan girling about a probable stranger's stunning features? Yes, yes she was. Though stranger may not be the precise word to describe him due to his striking familiarity.

After her eyes wandered shamelessly throughout the other's face, drinking in his features, her eyes slowly fell down until it settled on his lips. His lips were thin but looked soft, and for a moment, she wondered how soft they would feel flush against her own.

Guinevere immediately snapped herself out. Where did that train of thought come from? Their positions moved as they danced so now, her father and Liam on the table was in her field of vision, reminding her. Her face slowly morphed into a sad smile.

Gusion noticed this and gave her a reassuring grin, hoping to try and make her feel better from her troubled thoughts. He could tell, from the way her eyes dimmed and smile pulled down a little bit. Beautiful glassy green eyes looked at him with a thankful aura. She truly appreciated his efforts.

"What's wrong?" He asked her.

The way he looked at her with real concern in his eyes and how he spoke with a tone of worry touched Guinevere's heart.

Someone who actually cares for her. Someone who cared about what she felt. A someone that she desperately needs.

Her eyes started to water and before she could even stop it, a tear rolled down her cheek due to the realization. Gusion immediately wrapped his arms around her in a warm embrace, trying his best to comfort Guinevere. She let him hug her and she reveled in the temporary comfort and warmth his hug provided.

She never wanted that moment to end, but it was just wishful thinking. Sooner or later she would have to let go and then she would be alone again, left alone to fend for herself. Carrying her problems by herself. Once again.

His hands slowly let go of her and he asked. "Are you okay?"

"Thank you." She told him, her tone was hushed and said in a whisper.