Chapter 7- Don't Leave

A feeling of tranquility settled upon Guinevere as she sat on one of the benches in her small and secluded garden. The cold night air blew wind that tangled through her auburn hair, making her feel fresh and at ease, just what she needed. 

It was already evening, actually almost midnight. Once she heard that the Paxleys have left, she immediately snuck out of her room and into her garden, the one place she can go to in order to escape reality just for a small amount of time. 

Just recently, Guinevere has taken a liking to matthiola incanas, a flower the same shade with her favorite purple lilies. It came in more colors, but she had always preferred the color purple or violet over the others. 

This time, she let herself think more clearly, think more harder about what was happening now. After getting some rest, her mind felt less heavier, making her much more calm. Which is good, Guinevere doesn't think she has any more tears left to spare. 

She was getting married in two weeks. to someone she didn't want. 

Would she really let that happen? 

The fighter let out a huge sigh, her head inclining to look up at the night sky. She had a single matthiola incana in hand. 

Her forbidden idea surfaced back in her mind. Instead of shoving it back, Guinevere let herself think about it. 

What if she ran away from all this? She had a good reason to anyways. Lancelot had run away and did it do him good or bad? Since he wasn't even trying to come back she'd have to guess it did more good than bad. But she wasn't well versed with the land outside Gorge, her father rarely let her go outside. 

But that was why Gusion was there, he said he'll help her, right? 

And that's the best part, a small part of her whispered. A small pink decorated her cheeks as she thought about Gusion. She was very thankful for him, how he helped her, took her on a small adventure outside, how he reminded her about her true self, how she shouldn't succumb to the obstacles fate threw her way. 

He was the reason she was able to somewhat resist what she can. He was the reason she dare believe and entertain thoughts of having freedom. 

And she was very thankful for that. Not only those, but she liked his company as well. Being with him made her feel happy.

But did he feel the same way? Guinevere bit her lip. The only probable reason she couldn't ask this all to Gusion is because she's afraid of rejection. Was he okay with someone tagging along on his journeys? It would be harder on him, looking after another person while on the run. 

She also doubted Gusion felt the same romantic feelings for her, I mean, she is his brother's fiancee after all. 

And back to the topic of her feelings for the said assassin, did she really love him? or maybe she just liked him? It was a but too soon to label her feelings as love, right?

Guinevere let herself imagine, that what if in another world, she was free to do whatever she wanted? First, she would run away from the castle with her brother, and then fight bad guys with her powerful magic and then explore the Moniyan Empire and then-

"Guinevere." 

She let out a quick gasp as a familiar voice startled her out of her thoughts. But she was fine with it. After all, it was Gusion.  

"I hate it when you sneak up on me like that." She pouted. 

"Anyways, I have important news for you." Gusion quickly took the folded newspaper out of his pocket. "Does he look familiar to you?"