8 : Let the games begin.

8

I reached school, finding Shayne, Micheal and Andrew leaning against a wall.

'Hi,' I said smiling brightly, determined to leave the past where it should be.

To my utter astonishment, they all started laughing. Not the happy contagious one, the one that made your hair stand up.' Is everything okay? ' I asked hesitantly.

'Why?' Shayne asked softly.

'Why what?' I replied slowly.

'Why do you ask me if everything is alright? Nothing will ever be okay if you're here,' he whispered his chocolate brown pools hard.

'What do you mean?' I asked my voice cracking with weakness.

'I wish I didn't waste all those years. I wish I didn't waste all that money. I wish you didn't exist ,' Shayne told me seriously. Micheal and Andrew both nodded fervently.

'No,' I managed to choke out.

'You're just a waste of space. How could you be so naive to think that you could fit in with boys? You're so stupid!' he bellowed.

With that he slapped me and I fell to the floor weeping tearless sobs. He stepped on top of me and whispered in my ear, 'Frankly, MICHELLE, I hate. You.'

He began shaking furiously, pacing back and forth before looking at me with a pleading expression. 'Take me away,' he mouthed before he fell to the floor.

I screamed in terror, shaking him, trying to revive him. Micheal and Andrew both grabbed my arms leading me away from Shayne. 'No! Shayne! Please! I'll do anything!' I screamed as I thrashed and kicked in their burly arms.

But he lay there cold and unmoving.

(*¤*)

'Mich, wake up! Wake up!' I heard Cloe screaming. That surprised me. When did she get here?

I flung my eyes open and was suprised to see myself on the floor, literally drenched in sweat and Cloe shaking me.

And then all the memories flooded into my mind.

Shayne... I felt myself trembling even though Cloe had removed her arms from me.

It was a dream? But it felt so real!

You're just a waste of space.

I wish you never existed.

I. Hate. You.

Take me away.

All his words came to me in his perfect smoldering voice.

'Clo?' I asked my voice hoarse. I cleared my throat.

Her blue eyes were perplexed, as if she had just witnessed a murder. 'Are you okay, Sis?' she asked hesitantly.

I nodded and asked, 'What's wrong?'

She seemed to process her answer before saying,' Nothing.'

Before she could get up, I took her wrist tightly and made her gaze into my eyes. Hers blue, like my mother and mine green like my father. 'You wouldn't lie to me, would you sis?' I asked innocently.

Cloe groaned. 'Ok, I'll tell you, but please don't freak out.' I nodded. 'You never talk in your sleep but today, you were saying Shayne's name.

Like alot. Then, a few minutes ago, you started screaming like hell. I was so sacred, I didn't know what to do...' she trailed off but my mind was elsewhere.

I was screaming? And I could talk?

To be frank, I loved experimenting. This would go to the Book.

Experiment #528

I would need a camera... And maybe I could borrow Shayne's laptop and post it on youtube.. Cloe snapped me out of my own personal bubble. 'Earth to Mich? You had a nightmare? You should be freaking out?' she said snapping her fingers.

' Oh, yeah, '

I processed my reactions in my brain before I realized a horrific fact.

I just had a nightmare. Of Shayne Gray. It was plain obvious that I felt for him, cared for him. As usual, Cloe read my mind.

'Do you like this boy, Shayne?' she asked.

My anger flared. Who did Shayne think he was? I closed my eyes and said confidently, 'Yes, but just as much as my father.'

That felt true as I said it. I cared for him like my own brother, but he broke me, just like my father. She sighed then got up.

'Its early but since we've both woken up, lets get dressed. I call shotgun,' she said as she went to the edge of the bed where a white dress lay and matching white sandals.

Ew.

Going to the bathroom , I thought.

I tore my eyes away from her face and took in her simple light blue nightdress.

She walked out the room in seconds.

I jumped up and went to the closet both Cloe and I shared. I threw all my clothes out of my side and started searching for something suitable. Today, I felt confident.

I usually dressed according to my mood, though it was always jeans and a baggy shirt. Or jeans and a sweater. Or khakis and a shirt. Today, I decided to change. Besides, it was all part of the plan.

I checked the time on the small digital clock on the bedside. 6:15 a.m. Perfect.

'CLOE! Come here!' I yelled jubilant.

She would make me perfect if I just drew a few lines.

I mentally arranged.

@@@@@@@@@@

Hiya! So this might be the last chapter I upload in a really long time... ( going to boarding school on Monday ) DX

What do you think of this chapter? Short I know, but my phone only allows 5000 characters so sorry! Is Cloe a good sister? How is Mich? I hope you all like the slight twist I'm bringing!

Vote, fan and criticize!!!

Love ya!

XD