10 : rough is rough, I guess.:(

Back for mid-term!!!!

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

:)

10

Michelle P.O.V.

'Please, Cloe! I don't want this! I love my look! Please! I beg you!' I cried exasperated.

Cloe held both hands over her ears and said defensively, 'Deal with your choices, Mich. No matter how stupid they are.'

'But-' I was cut off by the intensity of Cloe's glare. 'We'll be late for first period,' She said simply dragging me along with her.

'Seriously?' I nearly yelled at Cloe as I wrapped my arms around my body, trying unsuccessfully to hide the light brown sleeveless shirt that clung to me like a second skin. The faded blue shorts showed off my legs, and Cloe vehemently refused me to put on long socks.

Could this day just get any worse?

As we walked to school, a young boy rode his bicycle and winked at me smiling slightly. Obviously, I gave him the finger. Unfortunately, Cloe caught me and made me go and apologize.

'My sister told me to say sorry,' I said lamely as I stared at the pavement,wishing the world would just swallow me.

'That's fine,sugar. You can repay me anytime,' he replied wagging his eyebrows. My stomach lurched with acid and my hand balled into a tight fist and I unconsciously punched him with as much force as I could muster.

I heard the pleasing crack of the boy's nose and I drew back my bloody hand running away as I did. Violence just made me crack. This day would not be good.

'Michelle! Get back here!' Cloe cried behind me. I just ran, not slowing down. What was there to go back to?

This day couldn't get any worse, right?

It, unfortunately could. Too, too worse.

(*¤*) <.>

I entered the school compound practically dead. My legs buckled under me and I fell on the hard concreted ground, my heart pounding, my lungs unable to get air.

It took only a few minutes for me to be able to get my mojo back on, and with that, I got up and took deep breaths. The place was nearly deserted, only a few students were casually leaning against the flagpost and I noticed my friends playing in the football field.

Deciding to join them, I jogged there but skidded to a stop when I noticed familiar flecks of light brown hair. My heart silently skipped a beat at the thought of seeing Shayne but instantly stopped altogether when I saw him slouching on the wall, a tiny frown on his face, creases on his forehead.

I hated seeing him angry. Suddenly, I saw Mike and Andrew beckoning me towards them. When they caught whim of what I was wearing, I saw both of them laughing. Literally doubling over, their heads backward and tears streaming down their cheeks.

If it weren't for Shayne's nonexistence,I would have run back home. Instead, I walked towards him, my head held high. 'Hi,' I said casually breaking Shayne from his reverie.

'Excuse me, miss,' he apologized formally that I nearly giggled. He wore his usual jeans and a checked shirt which was slightly unbuttoned exposing the perfect planes of his chest.

'Don't you recognize me?' I asked incredulously. Did I look that horrible?

Confusion and understanding flitted across his face then unthinkingly, his eyes raked over my body, making me feel strangely violated. His chocolate eyes turned icy.

'Hi, Shells,' he said coldly. I glared at him.

'Why do you call me that? My name is Michelle! If you want a nickname, call me Mich! Not some stupid made up name, Shells! And never call me Mickey!' I nearly screamed. I didn't even understand where all the anger had come from.

I needed not a reply, so I stalked off without a backward glance. Before I left though, I distinctly heard him say sadly, 'Fine.'

(*¤*)

'Here you go,kiddo' Cook Joe said as I took the duffel bag he was waving at me. It belonged to Cloe and she had asked me to get it for her.

'Thanks,' I replied glumly as I hung it on my shoulder.

'Here, you forgot this. Don't look so sad,' he said as he threw me a ripe apple.

I smiled despite myself and waved at him as the bell rang, indicating assembly.

All the students poured into the hall, the corridors momentarily filled to the maximum. I smiled slightly at the hustle and bustle of normal life. They didn't have to worry about a nearly dead family, did they?

Just then, I noticed Charlie, a boy about my height pass me. He wore dark blue jeans and a blue jersey. My mind clicked and I smiled as I tried to recall how Cloe had taught me to 'woo' boys. I had never flirted in my life.

I walked to him grinning impishly and said,'Hi, Charlie,' He stopped walking and stared at me until I was about to give up.

'What's your name?' he asked,his eyes boring into mine. I almost barfed.

My imagination flew for a few seconds before I said, 'Anita.'

He smiled as I rubbed my hands in anticipation. Oh boy, this was going to be hot.

(*¤*)

I walked to class elated at my achievement. When I entered class and took my usual seat next to Shayne, Andrew turned to me with a stunned expression. 'Did you run back home to change?'