The building neared, causing the two girls to have to lower the loud bass and managed to get to the speed limit to get off on their exit. Once they made it into the civilian zone they paused the music and started to drive civilly to the apartment building like the traffic around them, though seeing how different the city was to the camp Valerie felt nervous.

She was never good at making friends in school, it was a miracle she was able to befriend Rose when she was at her lowest in middle school. The girl opened her to a world she could only imagine previously, but now it seemed like being opened to it ruined her in the end.

It took about 5 minutes before they arrived in the parking lot of a tall building. After triple-checking the address they went into the small, unoccupied lobby and immediately rushed into the elevator so no one would see the intoxicated girl. It was obvious Valerie's attention wasn't on the same thing as Rose due to the fact the moment she entered the small space her eyes locked on the numbers written on the keys before gravitating to the light telling them the floor they were on.

It didn't take long for Rose to speak out to Valerie, holding the keys to the blonde's apartment in her hands as she inspected the writing," You'll have a nice view."
Valerie raised her eyebrow before leaning over to look at the scribble on the keychain.

Floor 6
Room 23

" Thank God. I'll be here to bask in it every weekend before and after I come back." The blonde smiled chirpily as the elevator beeped the moment she pressed the button to go to the 6th floor.
" If we don't get jobs." She spoke, earning a nod from Rose who really just waved it off.
" I doubt it, I've lived here already for a year without a job." She shook her head as the elevator doors closed in front of them," We should have a day of the week where we hang out and have a sleepover!"
" I can probably do that... If anything we should do it on Sundays, go to school in the morning afterward." The girl offered while the elevator stated that it was going up.
" Ooh, that would totally help with gas." Rose sighed out happily at the thought while the elevator began moving.

The elevator shook the intoxicated girl for a moment, making her grab onto her friend who laughed out at her footing before helping. The machine only enhanced her feeling of floating that seemed endless, it made the ride feel short for her— something proven when the elevator beeped and opened on their floor rather quickly.

They walked out of the small elevator with a quiet creak coming from the extra weight coming off. Rose instantly knew to take the parental role and guided Valerie to the left and saw the apartment door in the far left corner. Rose put the key in and opened the door to a little nook to kick off shoes and put on slippers where a coat and shoe rack would fit.

The two took off their shoes as if on reflex from their parents ruling as children and walked onto the hardwood of the apartment.

To the left of the hall separating the nook from the rest of the house was a kitchen upon entering, equipped with a fridge, stove, and dishwasher in the decently sized space.
The tile on the floor didn't match the space with large tan squares against the black countertop, white walls, silver appliances, and dark brown cabinets.

Past that, facing the entrance, was the living area that had a large window starting from the end of the kitchen and curved around the corner of the living room to end on the wall separating the living room from a different room in the apartment. The large window allowed for one to see the city in rain, shine, and after dawn in a sitting position perfectly.

The room separated from the living room and kitchen was a hall, directly at the end held a bathroom with a half bath-half shower directly in the space. There was a mirror across the toilet that went from the ceiling to the floor, the sink being in the wall to the left of the doorway to keep out of the way of everything.
There was a door to the left of the bathroom, the room inside being a bedroom with a window slightly pushed out of the wall on a window sill. The control panel for the heating and conditioning system was next to the closet across from the window pointed directly towards the bed.

" Holy shit! That's beautiful." Rose exclaimed, still standing in the living room sounding completely breathless by the view of the neighborhood.

Both windows were facing West, making it so they'd see the sunset from the house rather than the sunrise with the skyline of the city in perfect view due to the development in front of the building going on.

The beautiful sight was one the minty haired girl ignored but still continued to come out of the bedroom, allowing both of the girls to meet in the living room again as Rose pulled out her phone to start typing on her phone. The girls finished brainstorming in the apartment and went down the elevator to get back to the car. They wanted nothing more than to fill the gorgeous space and they both had beautiful plans planned out.

" Alright, what are we getting first?" Rose asked before earning a smile.
" Clothes shopping. Furniture shopping is for men."