The intoxicated girl leaned her head into the window's glass, feeling the coldness on her skin due to the coming winter as the speakers softly hummed a song that visualized love through colors. Valerie brought the joint to her lips once more to allow the smoke to travel from her lungs and back into her nose before the smoke clung into the space around them when it was blown out rather than go out the window.

" Alrighty, oh and I have to mention this, I'm going out of town for a while, about two months to be exact." Rose spoke, turning into the exit to get to the apartment.
" What? Why?" Valerie questioned instantly, sitting up in her seat as she looked at her best friend," When are you leaving?"
" This Sunday...?" Rose spoke out slowly to see her best friend's reaction regarding when she was leaving.
Valerie scoffed out a laugh and shook her head at the thought of how close her departure was, making her question out," Where are you even going?"
" Australia. My dad, the biological one, had a baby recently and I want to help him and his new wife with the baby." Rose said as she smiled softly at the thought as she kept her gaze down on the road bashfully," I want a relationship with my brother even if I don't live in the same country."
" Well... I can't be upset with that." Valerie put her lips into a line before smiling at Rose," That's a step up though, now you have a brother that you're actually related to."
" Yeah, I guess, speaking of my bone-head brother, he's meeting us at the mall," Rose hummed before quickly remembering something," also, regarding my things while I'm gone... I was wondering if you'd maybe- possibly- do my work unless it's a physical thing until exams come? I come back right before they start."
" I guess... I'll just miss you." Valerie pouted at the woman before taking another hit of the joint to finish it off. She manipulated the smoke to go back into her lungs again from her mouth as she swallowed it, causing her to cough violently rather than blow the smoke out the window calmly.
" Jesus Christ! Don't die!" The blonde scolded as she opened all the windows of the car now that the smoke resided in the car rather than out.
" I'm—" Amidst Valerie's violent flurry of coughs she felt her lungs burn from swallowing the smoke while she attempted to speak to Rose, though it proved to be quite hard as she pushed through her words," Fine! Coughing– makes you get— higher!—"

Once Valerie's coughing cleared she hummed to the song on the radio while her eyes fixated on random things outside the car. It was drawn by little things such as the trees going by in a blur of green and how close the road seemed despite it not actually being as close as her eyes showed it to be.

" Remember this song?" Rose questioned, asking the intoxicated girl who snapped her attention to her best friend at the mention of life before her rehabilitation," This song was the shit."
As Valerie hummed in agreement she couldn't help but think absentmindedly," I do... But I started liking another one more."
" Oh yeah? What song?" Rose questioned as she handed Valerie her phone.

The song was made by a band Valerie had the pleasure of being introduced to during rehab, something the red-eyed girl could only thank computer time for. The song was one that reminded her of life in Daegu- one that could only be described with trauma, evil thoughts, and wild people. It was a life that those who didn't grow up in the area would have reported if they came across it in their future, although the generations born into it knew no better and continued the cursed cycle. Of course, Valerie still saw nothing wrong with her little apple in her garden of Eden but she did promise not to bite her apple.

Rose had rolled down the windows as the bass of the song boomed through the speakers of the hot pink car that drove down the thruway at least 10 miles over the speed limit. The music vibrated the small porsche as it weaved in and out of cars to exit into a civilian district, something that didn't go unnoticed by those around them as the flash of pink's music could be heard as the car slowly decelerated.