Chapter 14

"So you think he's being dishonest?" Harper asked with worry in her voice

"So you think he's being dishonest?" Harper asked with worry in her voice. She didn't want to see Alex hurt again by yet another guy. Alex shrugged before saying, "he just keeps running off out of no where and then acts like nothing is wrong and like everything's normal." Harper looked as Alex sprawled on her bed now and stared at the ceiling in confusion.

"You don't think there's someone else do you?" Harper asked uneasily making Alex go wide eyed but she pretend to be unbothered . "It's not like we are together anyways" Alex said simply but the pain was evident on her face. Because unbeknownst to Harper they were together. "Yeah but he's basically toying with your feelings if that's what he's doing..... and by the sound of it his friends are helping him lie." Harper said hurt now at the thought of her new friends aka Kim being dishonest.

"Well what do you suggest we do then?" Alex said in a huff as she sat up and looked at her best friend. Harper looked in thought when a smile came to her face. "How about you invite him to the sub station for a date. Then afterwards we follow him." Harper said with an evil glint in her eye that Alex loved to see. "So pull another operation Mason?" Alex said not realizing she was finally able to say his name with a strong voice catching Harper off guard. "Yeah except it won't end the same way these people are normal Alex." Harper said not knowing her new friends secrets.

————————————————————

The next day at school Alex avoided Paul and his friends like the plague as she and Harper snuck around school watching them. Sometimes they were caught earning laughs from the group at first but then they noticed they still stayed away from them. Paul kept trying to talk to Alex who'd actually run the other way. Yeah run, that should prove how dire this mission was to her. Kim even kept texting the two for some sort of logical answer but only received texts about a mission . Which she told the boys who all looked at each other confused, before laughing how weird their new friends were. Paul however felt about forming in his stomach.

It pained Alex to see him hurt from her leaving him but she needed to know what his secret really was. But all day he acted normal. Finally to put the plan in motion Alex walked up to him as he was at his locker alone. His shoulders were slumped until he saw Alex beaming a smile at him. "Sorry Harper and I are having a weird day..... Any way I was wondering if you'd wanna go on a date tonight?" Alex asked hoping he'd ignore her weird behavior. "Sure that sounds great and listen I'm sorry about yesterday-" he said trying to think of yet another lie making Alex's heart flinch in pain.

"Oh that? Nothing to worry about I'm sure you had something important" she said with a fake smile to hide the hurt she actually felt. "Well no matter what the less I'm gonna make it up to you on our date tonight." He said with a charming smile that made Alex wanna abort mission but fought against it. "Yeah it'll be in my parents restaurant if that's alright?" Alex asked making his smile twitch in realization he was possibly gonna meet his imprints parents.

"Of course a good sandwich sounds good about now." He said with a smirk but really he was nervous. Alex was too unsure of how her parents and grandparents would act at his arrival. She knew her father hated the thought of boys and her mother and abuela would be teasing and squealing to each other the whole time. But she'd have to get it over with eventually she just hoped that he wasn't hiding a secret that would make her feel hurt.

————————————————

Paul was now driving Alex back to her house to drop her stuff off. Unbeknownst to him the russo siblings and Harper were following his truck and also 'had to stop at the house.' Alex led him inside feeling he was nervous although her parents were at the shop her abuela....

"Oh company?" Her grandmother asked with a mischievous glint in her eye directed at Alex who stood closest to the boy

"Oh company?" Her grandmother asked with a mischievous glint in her eye directed at Alex who stood closest to the boy. "Yes abuela this is Paul." Alex said with a smirk towards Paul as an indication of apologizing for what was about to happen. He looked at her with furrowed eyebrows until the small Hispanic woman was practically running towards him and hugging him. He looked to Alex in fear who just smiled at his awkward stance and face.

Her grandmother was saying so many things in Spanish and Alex was glad Paul didn't understand. A lot of it was how handsome he was and she'd grab his chin and look to Alex in approval. Paul seemed to understand that pet making him smirk back at Alex who was a blushing mess. "Well we need to head to the restaurant abuela, I'm sure Paul would love to come to dinner sometime" Alex said with uncertainty in her voice unsure if he'd even want to come again.

"Of course I would." He said with a big genuine smile, happy  his imprints family liked him....... so far.

———————————————————-