Chapter 22

Alex and Paul soon arrived to Emily's trying to avoid the fact Mason was now back

Alex and Paul soon arrived to Emily's trying to avoid the fact Mason was now back. Alex loved Mason as a person but- not as a lover, and she hated how upset Paul got. It didn't help both boys had been antagonizing the other making her have to stop them from fighting. But now as the couple sat in an uncomfortable silence Alex was great full to be away from the drama the two caused. Paul helped her out of the truck before sulking into the house making everyone look at him confused. He had been so excited and happy earlier to go see Alex yet here he is moping. Apex soon followed making everyone cheer happy to see her before she sat on Paul's lap. "Did something happen?" Emily couldn't help but ask as Paul bit into his muffin aggressively.

"My- ex Mason is staying with me for a bit." Alex said it rushed so maybe they wouldn't hear it but they all did. She soon grabbed a muffin and stuffed her mouth to avoid speaking about it. When she mentioned it she felt Paul stiffen beneath her and she didn't even dare look at him now. "I thought he turned into a wolf forever." Seth asked dumbfounded as everyone else wondered why he was at Alex house and not on a plane back to New York. "I went and saved him. I just- I owed him that much." Alex sighed but everyone didn't look too happy like Paul. "Let's uh- let's talk about something else huh guys how about school." Kim tried taking eyes off Alex but that just raises new questions for her. "Is Mason gonna stay here and go to our school?" Quil asked making Alex huff annoyed before giving them all the death glare look. "I don't know okay? I didn't ask him what his intentions are he just said he'd be staying a little bit that's all I know." Alex rambled angry and annoyed making everyone look at each other before her again.

"We are sorry Alex...... we know it's probably not easy." Emily said putting a muffin in blabberMouth Quils trap to keep him from picking at her anymore. Paul looked murderous on the topic as well, it wasn't hard to see he was jealous. "It's whatever..... can we please just talk about literally anything else." She begged everyone agreeing for both her and Paul's sake. "So did you do that history homework." Kim asked making Alex groan and hit her head off the table. "I never do homework. Yet I still pass." Alex bragged eating her third muffin as everyone laughed at her hatred for homework. "Why don't you use magic to cheat?" Seth asked hyper as usual loving the fact real life magic existed. "I'm still learning spells and stuff from my dad. But believe me once I get that spell I'm off to Harvard." Alex joked not really sure if she was going to college let alone a preppy one like that.

"What are your plans after school?" Emily asked with excitement making Alex snort. "Not sure yet.... Maybe I'll go to college or maybe I wanna travel a few places. But- I'll eventually settle down, kids, marriage, the whole domesticated life style I suppose." Alex shrugged as Paul finally looked happy with where the topic was going. The promise ring burning a hole in his pocket. The pack knew of his crazy plan so of course this topic made Seth think she had already gotten the ring. "So you and P-" before he could finish Paul kicked his leg as hard as possible making the younger wolf gasp in pain. He hit him hard. Alex knew it was Paul since she was sat on his lap and laughed at Seths pain. Seth got the gist after that and didn't bring it up and neither did Quil who seemed to look like he realized something. All the wolves saw no ring on her finger meaning he hadn't given her it yet.