Chapter 12 - Taking the consequence of ones actions

© SandraCorton 2015

Chapter 12 - Taking the consequence of ones actions

Nate’s POV

Kitty knew where I was going. The look in her eyes when I walked out the door with my backpack over my shoulder told me. I should have felt guilty but I didn't. Nobody messed around in Kitty's life or made her cry without retribution. Tracey's nasty attitude was about to fucking die.

I had been on the phone all afternoon to find out more about Stanford and Tracey. Fuck I had found some very interesting facts that left me grinning smugly. Even now while running I knew an arrogant, cruel grin filled my face.

It seemed that Stanford had been trying to fit into the very society I was born into. A few more phone calls to the right people and he was a changed man in their eyes. The best thing about it was that I didn't have to lie or make up stories. They had all seen Kitty and Stanford together at numerous functions and dinners.

All it took was mentioning that he had an affair and how badly he had acted towards Kitty to have them on my side. They all knew Adelaide as the sweet girl that had always accompanied me to functions when we were kids. Meeting her as an adult, they were still just as charmed with her as I was. None of those I had spoken to believed she should have be treated in the nasty manner that Stanford had been around her.

It paid to know people in high places, especially now that I knew Stanford's name was dirt. Sometimes though it also paid to be the one in the high place as well. Sometimes Being a Miles was worth all the shit you had to put up with.

I stopped running outside of the ex idiots apartment building and sat down on the steps. I had used my last week of running constructively. I knew exactly what time the dick got home from work and today I was ready for him.

After this I was taking Kitty back up on the week of running she owed me. Hopefully it would help get this fucker out of her thoughts. I wanted her to only be thinking about me and the sooner we got to that point the better.

I got distracted thinking about kissing her again when Stanford began pacing down the street with a wide smirk on his face. I wanted to wipe it off with my fists and had difficulty restraining myself when I heard him humming cheerily. What a fucking arsehole!

I forced myself to calm so I could execute the plan the way I wanted. He didn't see me until the very last minute which I had planned to keep him off guard.

His face dropped only to form a tight mask of anger, resentment and surprisingly doubt. He quickly covered his expression with a nasty sneer. I guess he was trying to intimidate me but it wouldn't work. I knew I had the upper hand here even if he didn't.

"What do you want?" He snapped at me and I smiled serenely, hiding my emotions. This guy was such an unbelievable prick that I had to clench my fists to stop from hitting him.

"Words with you and your little affair." I replied sharply and he raised his eyebrows. "Now!" I made sure to raise my voice and catch anybody's attention that I could.

"Okay, okay don't make a scene." He quickly went to trying to keep me quiet.

"Lead the way then." I gestured to his door with my chin.

He appeared much more anxious after we entered the building and that made me smile. Maybe he was well aware that I was going to win. We said nothing to each other as we made our way to his apartment.

"Oh you're finally home Staney poo." I heard Tracey call out to him in what I guess was supposed to be a seductive voice. To me it was sticky sweet and made me want to puke. "And you bought a visitor." She sounded none too pleased to notice me though.