ch. 03 ♬ weekend.

Start from the beginning

I closed my laptop and picked out an outfit.

I ended up settling on a gray button up and some high waisted jeans.

Pulling on my (f/c) shoes, I heard a knock at my door.

I got up from the floor and closed the window before walking over to the door.

I opened it to see Hanji.

"Hi Y/N!" She waved while balancing a large stack of books in her other hand.

"Hello- do you need help with that?" I interrupted.

"Yes, yes, that's why I'm here! I wanted to know if you'd like to help me with something!" Hanji gave me about half of the stack. "I already got Arlert here to help me, so I thought you'd want to help too since your other friends have gotten in trouble with Levi. Nobody else wants to help me, so I've resorted to getting students. I'll give you a free grade if you help me!"

Armin peeked out from behind Hanji and gave me a weak smile.

"Alright. Just give me a second-" I grabbed my purse and threw my keys and phone inside before tossing it over my shoulder.

I closed the dormitory door and walked out alongside Armin.

"I guess we'll have to grab that ice cream later." Armin adjusted his books.

"Yeah." I laughed a bit. "Hanji, what'll we be helping you with?" I asked.

"I'm glad you're so eager! First, we'll just be dropping these off to Professor Ackerman, and then I need help with decorating my classroom a bit. I could've sworn I had more time, but I ended up procrastinating and dissected a frog instead." She said happily.

"Oh."

We walked outside in silence, except for Hanji's bubbly humming as we passed the gardens.

Sometimes the books would slip a bit, and Armin would push them up a bit with his elbow.

We finally arrived at the main classroom building, and encountered a lot of new students exploring the halls and returning students greeting their teachers.

Hanji jogged up to a classroom I assumed was Professor Ackerman's, because there was a sign that said 'clean up in progress; don't bother me.' on the door. Armin and I followed closely.

She knocked on the door repeatedly and stepped back. The door slammed open and a short man wearing a face mask and kerchief on his head stepped out.

"Hanji. Are you incapable of reading or something?" He scowled.

Hanji smiled brightly. "I love you too, Levi! Here are the textbooks you needed!"

Professor Ackerman scowled. "Put them on the bookshelf on the far right. And wipe your shoes on the mat." He walked back inside. The classroom was a basic lecture hall, with the addition of bookshelves and counters on the side. The ceiling was high, and lights dotted the top evenly.

I did as he told, and entered the threshold to see Eren on a ladder dusting bookshelves.

"Hey Eren. Could you put these up there?" I climbed the ladder and handed him the books.

Mikasa was wiping down tables and seats, but seemed distracted with making sure Eren didn't fall off. I got down and waved to her. She waved back but continued supervising Eren.

Jean was preoccupied mopping, but was doing it so poorly that he was dripping too much water and caused Armin to lose balance.

Hanji sauntered over to Levi's spinning chair and started messing with the height settings.