Chapter 13

Disclaimer: Holy Cheeseballs do I still have to say it?! I do not own the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I only own the plot and OC's I threw in. It's really not that complicated!

Arlamdom, 28 Chaos years ago

The sounds of battle rang through the corridor as a raven-haired boy ran as fast as he could, carrying an injured soldier. There were surprisingly no enemies in the corridor, but the boy was grateful of that.

"Per..cy... you can... put me down now... I.. I can fight..." The boy slung over the other's shoulder slurred.

Percy shook his head, although he knew he didn't need to. "No way. You can't even walk in this condition."

Stopping in front of a door, Percy set Alex down to start tending to his wounds.

It had been two years since his first day, and this guy had continued to grow on him. Even though he was really annoying...

There was a large slash across his chest, and his arms were full of cuts, as well as a broken leg.

Percy did his best to bandage the big wound, then made a make-shift splint for his leg.

He was about bandage up Alex's arms when the doors in front of him started creaking open.

Curious, he propped Alex up against the wall and peeked in...

Russia, 20 meters(60 feet) from Order's base.

Perseus's PoV

Curious, I peeked around a tree to find a better view of the target.

There were only two guards guarding the back entrance that led to the almost castle-like fort. The four corners were adorned by large towers, and there was a larger, taller tower in the middle. The material it was made out of was almost certainly camo-steel. To the untrained eye, it should be invisible, but those in the army had learned how to spot it.

I sighed, leaning back against the tree, resting my eyes.

I opened them and nearly jumped five feet in the air.

Stormy gray eyes hovered in front of mine.

"Annabeth Chase. Is there something I can help you with?" I asked, regaining my posture

She gave him a pointed look. "Yes, actually. You can give it up."

I stared at her. "Excuse me?"

She sighed. "The act. You can give up the act, Percy."

Even though she whispered my name, it resounded loudly in my head.

Shit.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." I stuttered out, barely managing the words.

She stepped closer, her breath now colliding with my own.

"Percy Jackson, I know it's you. You can't hide from me that easily." She whispered.

"Sure, because the children of Athena are always right." I mocked warily, my back pressed against the tree trunk.

"Shut up, Seaweed Brain. You know I'm smart." She mocked right back.

"You always have been, Wise Girl."

I spoke the sentence without realizing it, quickly slapping my hand over my mouth, trying to make it not have happened.

But it did.

Her eyes welled up.

"Percy, we are so sorry. There was a fog on our minds that entire time. We couldn't control what we were saying. When I was myself again, I ran to you to apologize, but... you were already gone. Please, you have to know that. We never wanted to hurt you--"