36 - that boy is not welcome

Start from the beginning

All of a sudden, my dad runs up to him dressed as Ash from Pokemon. He hands Ashton a PokeBall and then they walk side by side towards my stairs.

"What the hell?" I say quietly and turn away from the weird incident. Peter is taking off his pants when I turn around and I look at him curiously.

"Let's have sex," He blurts and starts approaching me. I shake my head fearfully and try to leave my room. When I turn to open the door, I see that there's no doorknob anymore.

"Peter, please! No!" I scream but he's already trying to kiss me. I flinch away from his touch which makes him hold my body against the door with his.

"I've waited long enough," He grits and starts to spread my legs. I feel his hands roughly pull down my pants and I begin to cry. The pants only go down to the middle of my thighs, but he still starts to remove his underwear.

I watch as Peter is pulled away from me and thrown roughly on the floor before anything can happen. He groans against the ground and I look at the person that helped me. It's the man that let me backstage after Ashton's concert.

What the hell is going on?

"Is everything okay?" He asks in the same deep voice. He's wearing the same black clothes and he has the same concerned face on. I nod slowly, but then he keeps asking.

He asks me the same question about ten times and it's freaking me out. I back away as he moves closer, but he still manages to touch my arm.

Then, everything is gone.

I sit up and put a hand to my chest as I try to control my breathing. My room is completely dark and eerily quiet, making me paranoid.

That was the most random, fucked up dream I think I've ever had.

"Is everything okay?" I jump at the sound of my dad's voice. He's leaning against my nightstand, looking at me with tired eyes.

"Don't do that," I say tiredly and run a hand down my face.

"Sweetheart, you were screaming. I was worried," He says helplessly and stands up. He walks to the foot of my bed and places his hands on the dark furniture as he stares at me.

"I just had a nightmare," I mumble.

"How's Ashton doing?" He asks in an attempt to lighten the mood. I wince and shake my head, letting him know I don't want to talk about him.

"Oh Madeline, I had a feeling. You haven't been the same since you went to that concert. Did he hurt you?" He asks in a protective voice.

"No, dad. Not like that. He would never, just no," I shake my head quickly and he sighs.

"I liked him. I wish it would've worked out. Hopefully, the two of you can still be friends," My dad nods optimistically.

"Yeah, dad. Hey, do you think it'd be okay for Peter to come over some day this week?" I ask nervously. He immediately starts shaking his head and standing up.

"No, that boy is not welcome in my house. He can't come here, Madeline. I don't give you many rules, but I'm serious about this," He says firmly.

"But he wants to help me look at college stuff. He's gonna try-"

"I thought you didn't want to go to college? Why is he coming if you don't want to go?" His voice raises a little.

"I don't, but he just-"

"So, he's not coming to help with school. You just lied to me. You want him to come over so you two can be together, is that it?" He asks in a judgmental tone.

"We had lunch the other day and he was nice to me. We want to be friends," I say as my eyes fill with tears.

"Maddie, he is a twenty-one year old college boy. He doesn't have any intention of just being friends," My dad rolls his eyes and shrugs.

"Judgmental asshole," I mutter quietly. He doesn't say anything and I look up to find his face completely shocked. His eyebrows furrow and I immediately start to feel bad.

My dad's a sensitive guy which is the main reason I'm not very mean to him. My mom, on the other hand, can take it. She'll be just as mean back.

Before I have a chance to apologize, he's walking out of my room. I've never spoken to him like that and we both know it.

"This judgmental asshole is trying to do what's best for his daughter. And I can guarantee you, Peter Milton is not it. He's not allowed over here, Maddie. I mean it," He says lowly.

"Are you serious? You won't let Peter come, but Ashton can fucking move in? What is wrong with you?" I yell accusingly.

"Shut your mouth, Madeline. Your mother has work tomorrow morning, do not wake her up. I have my reasons for everything I do," He says angrily.

"But Ashton was a stranger! I went to school with Peter!"

"Peter is a stuck-up punk. He did not treat you well," My dad argues.

"He's right," I laugh humorlessly.

"What?" He asks quietly.

"Peter's right. You are a bad parent," I say without looking at him.

I wait for him to say something, but there's just an awkward silence.I hear my door shut softly and finally look up. I watch the hall light being turned off through the crack at the bottom of the door.

I didn't realize I've been crying until a tear makes it's way to my mouth. I wipe my face and angrily pull out my phone.

I'm angry at a lot of things. I'm angry that my dad is being unfair towards Peter, a guy I dated for a year and a half. I'm angry that my dream was just that, a dream. I want the Ashton I saw in the dream, caring and sweet. I just want Ashton.

I pathetically search Ashton's name on Twitter. I've been doing this a lot lately. Whenever I'm sad or lonely, I'll look at his Twitter. I always expect to find some sort of hint to how he's moved on or doesn't care about me.

But the tweet, if he tweets at all, is always a message to me. That's the real reason I look. Because I miss him and even just a short tweet or picture is enough to make me smile.

@Ashton5SOS: baby please don't give up on me #Ashie

I laugh at the cute ship name he had given us. I never told him how much I liked it, but I actually think it's adorable. The comments make me laugh even harder because the fam is so angry and confused.

@Ashton5SOS @lukepoo WHAT TF IS ASHIE

@Ashton5SOS @cliffodude I WONT give up on you Ash ;)

@Ashton5SOS @ketchupthedog bruhhh dDO YOU Have a GF?

@Ashton5SOS @nudecalum I feel so attacked rn wtf

@Ashton5SOS @irwinwin LOL THE FAM DOES NOT APPORVE BY BITCHHH

I still get giddy when I realize that it's me that he likes. All of these girls like him, but he just wants me. As much as he hurt me, that's still something that surprises me.

These tweets are emotionally draining, yet I can't stop looking. They make me miss him even more.

*do you guys like Peter, I picture him as Evan Peters obvi (I'm so bad at names lolololo)*