chapter fourteen

"I'm really happy for you, Hermione," I say, taking a sip of my lemonade and looking over at Krum who's talking to some of his Durmstrang friends, "I'm glad you're having a good night." She smiles and thanks me, then looks over at Ron. "I just don't want him to ruin it."

I sigh and nod my head. "I know, I don't know why he's so moody tonight," I say and when I see Harry walk out of the Hall, I know that Ron will come over to Hermione and things won't go very well. "Listen, I know at some point he will probably say something hurtful but remember that he doesn't mean it, he's just not feeling like himself tonight. And I'm always here, okay?"

She happily sighs and wraps her arms around me, giving me a friendly hug. I place my drink on the table to my right and return the hug, rubbing her back supportively. As I'm hugging her, I see Ron start to walk towards her and I whisper that to her. "Do you want me to stay?" I ask, to which she shakes her head. "You don't need to see me crying, I'll be fine."

I nod and walk away, squeezing her shoulder lightly before walking away. I see Neville slow dancing with Ginny on the dancefloor, which makes me smile at their cuteness. My smile still on my face, I walk out of the Hall to see Ron walking up the stairs, Harry by his side and Hermione sitting on the steps crying.

"Harry!" I exclaim, walking up to the stairs. He turns around and opens his mouth to say something, but Ron just grumbles and pulls Harry towards him. "Ronald!" He turns around and just rolls his eyes, pulling Harry - who gives me an apologetic look - out of my sight. I feel tears prick in my eyes as I walk back into the hall.

I see Krum in front of me, a cheery look on his face and when he sees me, he happily saunters over to me. "Where is Hermione? I would like another dance with her." I point outside the hall. "Uh, she's outside. She's crying but if you ask her for a dance, I'm sure she'll cheer up."

He gasps slightly and thanks me, before hurrying out of the hall. My mood ruined, I go and sit down at a table to watch everyone else dance happily with their partners. I silently cry to myself, tears slowly trickling down my face and onto my dress, my head hung low.

"Aurora?" As soon as I hear that voice, I try to carefully wipe my tears away without ruining makeup and turn around to see Draco in his black and dark green dress robes, his hair slicked back and blankly looking at me. "Why are you sitting by yourself? Where's Potter?"

I sigh slightly and put on a fake smile. "Uh, I'm sitting by myself because Ron went back to the Common Room, taking Harry with him, so now I don't have anyone to dance with." I go to look back down, but Draco walks in front of me, his hand stretched out.

"I'll dance with you," he says. For a moment, I just stare at him, but a grin grows on my face and I take his hand, stand up and follow him onto the dance floor. The band continues to play some beautiful slow music and as Draco takes my hand and I place mine on his waist, he uses his other hand to raise my head up slightly and smiles at me.

"You look ravishing," he says as he leads our dance, his movements swift and controlled. I scoff slightly, protesting that now I just look pitiful because of my tear stained cheeks. "No, that doesn't change anything, you look exquisite," he responds, using his hand to curl strands of my hair around my ear.

I just bashfully smile as we continue dancing, twirling and spinning around the dance floor. "I saw you dancing with Pansy earlier, was she your date tonight?" I ask, to which he firmly shakes his head. "No, absolutely not. She asked me to dance with her for the night and ditched me for a Durmstrang bloke after about ten minutes."

He twirls me around and clears his throat. "Also, I wanted to apologise for the day of the first task, you know, with me whipping out my wand behind your back." I smile as we dance. "It's okay, I forgive you."

He smiles at me, his eyes glistening with happiness. We dance and chat for about an hour, then we both start to get tired. He offers to walk me back to my Common Room and I let him, aimlessly talking about the next task with him.

"Goodnight, Aurora," he says as he walks away from the Gryffindor Common Room. "Goodnight, Draco," I reply, waving slightly.

I give the Fat Lady the password and she lets me in, my feet starting to ache in my heels. As I enter, I see Harry sat on the sofa, rubbing the temples of his forehead.

"Are you okay, Harry?" I ask, making him spin around in shock. "Yeah, just had a bad dream... I'm so sorry about ditching you, I argued with Ron when we came back about it and thought about coming back, but I thought that would just make things really awkward."

I chuckle slightly as I walk over. "It's okay, but you still owe me some dances in the future."

A small smile creeps onto his face and he nods his head, making me smile even more. "I'm going to head to bed, so I hope you sleep well and remember, they're just nightmares, Harry."

He nods his head and waves me goodnight. I walk into the girls dorm to find almost all the girls are sleeping in their beds. Quietly, I change out of my dress and heels, remove my makeup and crawl into bed.

'I danced with Draco tonight,' I think to myself, grinning slightly. 'Never thought that would happen.'