chapter one

"Aurora, they're here," Cedric whispers, which makes me pull myself back onto the branch, the right way round instead of hanging from my legs. We both peer through the branches and autumn leaves to see a group of people approaching. After looking closer, I can see Mr Weasley, Fred and George, Ron, Ginny, Hermione and Harry.

"Arthur!" Dad exclaims as the group approaches the tree, a very obvious yawn coming from Ron, who undoubtedly wanted to sleep in this morning. I chuckle and point it out to Cedric, who also chuckles slightly before he drops down from the tree. Mr Weasley greets him and shakes his hand, then I jump down and I get more of a reaction from the group.

Cedric only sticks with people in his year and in his friendship group, whereas I talk to everyone so I'm good friends with a lot of people, including the twins and Ginny who are both in different years. "And Aurora," Mr Weasley says, giving me a very quick hug, "it's lovely to see you again."

Again, because I'm good friends with the Weasley's, I've seen Mr Weasley many times.

"It's great to see you too," I reply before running over to the group, hugging and greeting everyone. Fred and George whisper an inside joke into my ear, which makes me snort and Harry hugs me slightly longer than everyone else, which I tried not to think much of as I pulled away. I quickly look at everyone and notice some slight changes: Ron's hair has grown almost down to his shoulders, Hermione's hair is more straight and is pulled into a ponytail, the twins have grown taller (I didn't know that was possible), Ginny's smile was slightly brighter and Harry's hair had become even messier.

"It's great that Dad was able to score another ticket so you could join us," Ron says as we follow Mr Weasley and Dad through the forest towards the Portkey. "And you're joining us right at the top!" Fred and George exclaim simultaneously.

God, I've missed everyone. The holidays weren't very exciting at home, apart from the occasional visit to see the Weasley's, which was very rare so I always made sure to enjoy every single second. But the best part was writing to and receiving letters from everyone; hearing about what everyone was doing was really refreshing, whether it was Hermione talking about the fact our O.W.L.s are next year or Fred and George complaining about Percy.

"It's still crazy to think that you two will be able to apparate and disapparate next year," Hermione says as we start to walk into a grassy field, leaving the forest behind us. "Yeah and soon enough, you'll be able to use magic at home," Ron says, a slight frown on his face, annoyed about the fact he still has to wash dishes manually.

I shove him lightly yet forcefully in the shoulder and tell him it won't be long until he can do the same, which brings a little smile to his face. We leave the forest, the Portkey sat on top of the tall, green hill. As we're walking up, everyone is still talking about the Qudditch World Cup and who they think is going to win. "Come on, Ireland is obviously going to win!" I interject as we get to the top.

"Why are we gathering around that manky old boot?" Harry - his voice filled with confusion - asks Fred and George, who just say that it's a Portkey, confusing him even more. I chuckle, knowing that everyone is going to scream in a moment.

"On the count of three!" Dad exclaims, most of us laying down and grabbing the Portkey. "One, two-"

"Harry!" Mr Weasley exclaims. Harry quickly grabs onto the Portkey and everyone is sharply pulled up into the sky, screams coming from most like I predicted, which makes me laugh and then I laugh even more when Mr Weasley tells everyone to let go and everyone continues to scream.

Me, Cedric, Dad and Mr Weasley all float down successfully whereas the others all fall hard on the ground. "I bet that cleared your sinuses!" Mr Weasley says as we all land on the grass. I walk over to Harry and help him stand up, a kind smile on his face.

"That was a really weird experience," he says as he stands up, dusting off his jeans. I chuckle and we walk over the hill to see the large arena and dozens of tents scattered around the endless field. "We're here," I say, nudging Harry slightly, who is looking around in wonder.

I say goodbye to Dad and Cedric, who are meeting some of Dad's friends and spending the Tournament with them. I join the Weasley family, Hermione and Harry as we all enter our tent. Me, Ginny and Hermione quickly dump our stuff in our section and decide who's sleeping where. "Get out of the kitchen, Ron, we're all hungry!" Mr Weasley exclaims, followed by the twins repeating him.

"Feet off the table!"

Chuckling to ourselves, me and the other girls open our trunks and get out our individual merch, all of us have the Irish colours. Ginny has a massive leprechaun hat and Hermione has their green scarf, whereas I have a fluffy oversized jumper, a green scarf like Hermione and a beanie.

"Alright, you kids ready?" Mr Weasley shouts and as I walk out, I see everyone has quickly changed into their merchandise and some cheap face makeup. "Then let's get going!" We all make our way out of the tent and towards the arena, screams of joy coming from inside.

"You excited?" I ask Harry, whose eyes are filled with complete wonder and astonishment. Although speechless, he nods his head eagerly, which makes me chuckle. "Best way to end the holidays before going back to school," I say, to which Harry nods again.

"Hurry up, kids!" Mr Weasley shouts, so we all run and catch up with him, excitement reaching a high as we start to enter the arena.