twenty

Arsalaan stretched his hands sleepily and searched for his wife like usual, but to his great surprise, there was no one on the bed but him. Which made him get up with a jerk, his eyes searched for her frantically as the fear of her leaving him forever overwhelmed him. He heaved a sigh of relief when his eyes land on the dressing table, where Malaika was braiding her hair. Why does he always get negative thoughts? That's the punishment he's been living with for the past three and half months. It's no less than sweet torture.

But then it was a sight to see his wife casually walk around in his room and getting dressed and do random things. The thought of not having her around one day pained his heart, which he masked off with a sad smile.

Dressed in an orange colour churidar, she looked nothing less than an angel. He, for a moment, couldn't take his eyes off her. Masha Allah! She was so pretty. Orange does look good on her, after red of course. She manages to look extra beautiful in red and now orange too. He's turning into a creep, noting all these tiny little details is so not him. But then love happened. He was falling in love with this beautiful woman, who he didn't deserve in the first place.

Feeling the usually heated gaze upon her, Malaika turned around and a blush crept on her cheeks as she realized how intensely her husband was gawking at her and the kiss from the previous night replayed on her mind, making her blush harder.

"Good morning." he greeted her huskily from the bed.

"Morning,"  Malaika replied with another shy smile.

An amused smile formed on his lips, "are you seriously blushing?" he couldn't believe himself, after the bold stunt that she pulled yesterday, she is freaking blushing now? Allah, she's so cute.

She turned away almost immediately, unable to meet his teasing gaze. Malaika is a very shy person in general. She had no idea of how did she even got the guts to kiss him so boldly like that, but she enjoyed it nevertheless. The blush on her face told that clearly.

Throwing the blanket away from his body, Arsalaan got down from the bed and made his way towards his blushing wife, "I can't believe this sight." he whispered in her ears huskily. His morning voice sounded so damn sexy, making Malaika shiver under his presence.

"L-leave me." seeing her back in shy and stuttering mode made Arsalaan more determined to tease her.

"I wasn't holding you in the first place." he chuckled at her flushed face whilst eyeing her through the mirror, and how she wished for the earth to swallow her that instant.

"You're teasing me now." she huffed whilst turning to face him, he caught hold of her waist, making her jump in off guard but she held his tee-shirt for support, pulling both of them against the dressing table. Another shy smile appears on her face, sensing their new closeness. Their hearts now beating at an uneven pace.

"Allah, you're so adorable." Arsalaan grinned at his shy wife as he held her waist more securely, he liked this version of hers more than the bold one, for some weird reasons. Shy Malaika is fun to watch and to tease.

"You look good," he added with a smile, making her blush harder; if that was even possible. No one would believe that she was the same girl who kissed him oh so wildly yesterday night.

"Thank you." she averted her gaze below and the shy smile that played on her lips made Malaika look prettier. It was hard for him to control himself when his wife is so adorably cute. But he had to.

"You have an important meeting at ten, it's eight already. Go and get ready." Malaika tried to push him away, but that husband of hers is way too strong for his own good.

"Thanks for the reminder, sweetheart." passing her a cheesy smile, he left her waist not wanting to fluster her any more lest he'd lose his self-control again. Malaika missed his touch almost immediately, making her groan from inside. God, she was so crazy.

Giving herself a final look at the mirror, she smiled in content. The look indeed was good. She loved dressing up and going nowhere. By then Arsalaan was freshly showered and came out of the bathroom; clad in just a towel. And damn, his body wash smelled so nice. Malaika was a fan of it and wanted to use it every day, but at the same time didn't want to be teased either.

Her breath hitched as he stood behind her in just his towel and applied the moisturizer on his hands. She could feel his hot breath fanning over her shoulder.

She was so lost in the smell that she didn't notice his almost naked state. But then her eyes widened in realization and heat crept onto her cheeks as she gawked at her husband's drool-worthy physique.

He had a great body and don't even talk about those abs. He looked so damn good. Like really really good that it was difficult for her to not check him out.

"Malaika." Arsalaan's husky voice startled her the poor girl, who turned away shyly. Why the hell was he so handsome?

"You've seen me like this almost every single day, and yet you feel shy. Why are you so cute," he whispered in her ears whilst chuckling softly, coming dangerously close to her. Heat raised onto her cheeks once again.

It was true though, Arsalaan dislikes getting dressed in the bathroom and he changes his clothes in the bedroom almost every single day.

Meaning; she has seen him almost nakedly more than just once and yet her heart beats fast and breath hitches every single time. She began to wonder if he was changing in the room just to get a reaction out of her because it does seem like it and Malaika wasn't exactly complaining either. She loved watching him get dressed.

It was hot and he was her husband. She can drool all she wants. But at the same time, she feels shy about that. And all of these was making Arsalaan fall in love with his cute wife of his more and more.

"Can you pick me an outfit?" he asked whilst shaking his head with a smile. She nodded shyly, glad to have that distraction and goes to open the wardrobe and stood there with a confused face.

After a debate within herself, Malaika picked the white denim shirt, along with a black pant and goes to give it to her husband, who was applying hair gel and was humming some random song.

"Thanks, sweetheart." Arsalaan took the shirt from her and began to wear it with a casual smile. She placed the pant on the table behind him and turned to leave.

And again the word sweetheart stung her head as she blanked out for a second before masking it with a smile. But her head began to severely ache as a few fragments of memories flashed in front of her eyes.

"Why don't you see it for yourself, sweetheart?"

"And why should I listen to you, sweetheart?"

"Maybe you won't believe it, but the world will. They all are downright nosy I'm telling you and I bet, one-click on this and your whole Abbasi clan's image will be thrown in the gutter. Would you like that now, sweetheart?" Arsalaan's tone was full of sarcasm and evil.

"Y-yes."

"Yes what, sweetheart?" he smirked at her angry looking face.

"I will m-marry you."

"Great." A victorious smile played on his lips as he kept his phone away in the pocket.

That's how Malaika Abbasi finally recalled her memories after three and half months and panicked Arsalaan by fainting on the floor beside his legs.

The time ahead is going to be tough for both of them. And Arsalaan's dreaded day was here already, he was just not prepared for this moment yet.