|seasons|

"A drop turns green,
a seed waits to sprout,
canvas of spring."

The garden flowers burgeoned beautifully. The entire Butterfly estate was as calm and tranquil as the Garden of Eden. The specs of colors covered the green threaded grass and the flowerpetal butterflies flew through the soft and gentle wind. Flowers were coated in the freshwater as it poured down from the heavens, almost as though God was presenting it himself. The cool water tapped lightly against the roof and windows of the mansion like the plinking of piano keys.

Kagome Tsuyuri wasn't outside, instead, she was inside and too busy to hear the melodic symphonies.  Sweat pooled at her feet like how water pooled in and mixed with the wet mud just outside.

"Can you keep going?" Shinobu asked as Kagome continued to pant and attempt to catch her breath.

"Yes," Huff, huff, put. She refrained from lowing her pounding head, remembering Shinobu's previous words that she should keep her head above her heart.

"Good. Now please jog around the estate once. Your stamina is horrible and that simply won't do," Shinobu said with a sickly sweet smile.

Kagome's mouth flew open and just as she was about to detest, she closed it and smiled while reciting obediently, "Of course, Sensei."

Before Kagome lived in the Mansion, she was quite fit and athletic due to the sheer amount of outside games that she played with the orphans. Since coming to the Mansion her stamina had severely decreased because the only exercise she got was when she was running around the estate. To put it into more simplistic words, Kagome was out of shape, and Shinobu being Shinobu, was not going easy on the equally as short girl.

"Red canoes rush through,
white waves of clouds,
summer shapes float."

The pure sun shined throughout the cloudless sky. Harsh sun rays painted the backs of many field workers as well as anyone that spent a speckle of time outside. Salty sweat was an abundance like water. Long hair was tied tightly on heads and sleeves were rolled up or in some cases, nonexistent. Juice from fruits like ruby red strawberries and blueberries blue like blooming lobelias dripped down from children's chins. Popsicles were made and melted into a sugary liquid that attracted swarms of vexing fruit flies.

"Kagome, this is the kind weapon that you will be using," Shinobu said as she held up a short sheathed weapon. It was much shorter than a katana. That was all Kagome could tell for the blade was concealed by the black sheath.

"It's called a tanto. It's the perfect weapon for you because of your slim stature." She unsheathed the weapon and quickly slashed through the air very quickly, "see? It's light and easy to swing," she finished with a smile before concealing the blade once more.

"Before you can wield this, however, you will need to learn more about them."

Kagome understood Shinobu's underlying message. Kagome had to research everything about tantos. Their origin, uses, what each part of it is called, everything.

The young girl with dark blue eyes rubbed her tired eyes before smiling. She would get to visit the library once more. The girl preferred to study much more than training her petite body. Though the training was intense Kagome endured it because it was something she knew that she had to do.