Scare

It had been a month since Christmas and everyone was back into their normal routine, JJ had even forgiven Gideon (at Spencer's request). It was Friday night and the boys decided to have a guys night, so the girls decided to have their own night something had obviously been bothering JJ and non of the girls could get her to talk, as she repeatedly blamed school work so giving her a night off was hopefully going to help. Spencer offered his apartment for the evening and invited everyone to spend the night by the time they returned.

JJ and Spencer were lounging on the bed in his room waiting for their friends JJ was absent mindly staring off into space while Spencer rubbed circles on his back trying to figure out what was running through her beautiful blonde head. "Jen? Is everything okay? You've seemed a little off lately-" before he finished a knock was heard from the door. JJ sprung from the bed and threw the heavy door open.

"Hey Em! Hi Aaron, Derek, Penelope, and Elle. Wow too many of ya, anyways we have plans so you boys need to leave." JJ ushered the girls inside and kept the boys in the hallway, Spencer walked out moments later throwing his jacket on and headed to the door. "Alright I love you, try not to get arrested." She smiled before placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"Alright no arrests but everything else is free game Blondie!" Derek winked before going to the elevator.

"I love you too JJ." Spencer replied after returning the kiss and heading out.

JJ closed the door and turned back to her friends who already were set up of ladies night. Nail polish sat on the small wooden coffee table along with chips, chocolate, wine and a stack of movies. "So what are we doing first?" Emily asked taking the wine off the table and opening it.

"Throw in a movie and we can paint our nails!" JJ replied she walked over into the kitchen and pulled three glasses from the cabinet then handed them to the girls."

"Are you not having any Jayge?" Questioned Elle as she shook the polish bottle.

"I don't really feel up to drinking today that's all... What movies did you bring?" JJ picked up the pile and read the titles allowed. "What To Expect When You're Expecting, The Back Up Plan, The Switch, and Labor Pains... I sense a pattern Em..."

"Yeah Jennifer I feel like there is something you need to tell us."

"I don't know what your talking about Em..." The blondes voice started to shake as she sank to the ground.

The other three embraced JJ in a group hug and let her cry until she could find her words. "I... I don't actually know... I haven't done a test yet..."

Emily wiped the tears from her best friends eyes and brought her to her feet. "Well there is a pharmacy across the street I'll grab a few and be right back."

Fifteen minutes later Emily returned with the tests and two pints of ice cream. She ushered JJ into the bathroom, shoved the tests in her hands and sat up on the counter.
JJ took three tests, set them on the counter and washed her hands, before sitting on it with Emily. "You know I always thought you'd be the one taking the test and I'd be the calm collected friend telling you it would all be okay."

Emily smiled at took JJ's hand. "Me too honestly it was a pretty big shock when I figured it out."

"How did you figure it out?"

"You've been acting really strange and I guess it could have been a lot of things, you were hyper, you were constantly sleeping in which you've never done in your life except for Christmas and you weren't on your cycle last week it didn't take long to put it together... Does Spencer know?"

JJ shook her head vigorously refraining the tears that threatened to fall again. "He's noticed I've been acting strange but hasn't figured it out yet and he probably won't." JJ hiccuped before laughing. "Unprotected sex what was I thinking? I'm the adult... Sorta... Well he's the teacher but you get it, I'm not even sure why neither of us made the connection."

The buzzer from Emily's phone went off meaning it was time to check. "You ready Jay?"

"No, I can't look... Get Elle and Pen to check them please."

Emily called the girls in and each took a test, looked at the result then consulted each other. Emily threw her test in the trash and the other girls followed. "Well it looks like I'm going to have to wait to be an aunt." Emily sighed making eye contact with JJ.

"Are you sure? You're not doing that thing were you say no to see how I react before telling me the truth?"

"All three are negative sweetie." Penelope spoke from behind Emily.

JJ rushed into her best friends arms and cried for the third time that day,it wasn't tears of disappointment, and they weren't tears of relief they were just tears of who knows what all JJ needed to do was cry a little longer.

When the boys arrived home by dawn the next day they found the girls sprawled out across the couch and floor, empty chip bags, ice cream tins and an empty wine bottle. "Seems like they almost had as good of a night as we did." Morgan laughed leaning over to remove Garcia's glasses from her face and kissed her forehead before finding a spot on the floor. Aaron had the same idea and payed next to Emily who instinctively snuggled up to him. Spencer looked down to JJ for a moment before lifting her up bridle style and walking her into the bed room, he lay her on the bed before changing into his pyjama pants and claimed in next to her.

"Great you finally joined us." Her soft sleepy voice startled Reid.

"Go back to sleep."

"I love you." She kissed his chest before curling into his side.

"I love you too JJ."