Las Vegas

Emily and Penelope were packing their bags on Wednesday night. Emily was busting her mom in Washington and Penelope was heading back home to visit her siblings because she wasn't going home for Christmas. JJ's mom was on a cruise until right before Christmas so she was just hanging back at school.

"Are you sure you don't want to come to Washington? I'm sure Elizabeth wouldn't you mind coming along."

"No Em it's fine I have stuff to catch up on. And you really should call Elizabeth mom instead of my mom."

"Then I would be giving in to her demands. And well I just don't want too."

"Come with me peaches! We have a huge potluck dinner everyone would love you!" Exclaimed Penelope

"Really I'm fine here. Maybe Mark and Lisa will take a quick trip up here. It's only a few hours away from home."

"Please like your brother's wife would drive in the snow. And you're only staying because Will is right?" Emily asked

"No he's going to New Orleans so its just be for the weekend. Now you're going to miss your flight! See you on Tuesday!" JJ called as she pushed her roommates out of the dorm.

A few hours later there was a knocking on her window. She swung it open to find Spencer carrying a small suitecase.

"Plans for the holiday Dr. Reid? And what no boombox?" JJ shouted down.

"How fast can you pack a suitcase?"

"Depends on what for?"

"Las Vegas!" Spencer responded waving a pair of plane tickets up to her.

The couple sat on the plane and waited for take off. Spencer was gripping the arms of his set.

"Not much of a flyer?" JJ asked taking his hand in hers.

"No I'm a great flyer...I'm just nervous about going home..."

"It will be fine Spence I'm sure your parent's can't wait to see you."

"It's... It's only my mom..."

"Sorry... Well I can't wait to meet her." JJ said resting her head on his shoulder.

"There is something I need to tell you... I didn't want to tell you incase you wouldn't come with me... But the plane doors are locked so you cant leave." He quietly chuckled. "My mom is a paranoid schizophrenic... There is a chance she won't recognize me when we get there... Or she won't want you in the house because she thinks your a spy... I plan to have her committed when I turn eighteen... But until then I have a live in nurse staying there."

"Oh Spence I wouldn't leave. I can't wait to meet her no matter what. She raised the most amazing man I've ever met. And I need to thank her." JJ smiled as she whipped the tears off of her boyfriends face.

The rest of the plane ride was filled with short naps and quick kisses.

The two got out of the cab and JJ just starred at the couch as Spencer grabbed the luggage. The house was white and looked the same as the others. The grass was Browning from lack of water and curtains were covering every window in the house.

Spencer took the keys out of his pocket. The key to the house was on the same chain as his apartment key back at the university. Spencer cautiously opened the door and made sure to keep JJ behind him.

"Mom? Are you here?" Spencer called into the house.

"In my study Spencer." Dianna called back.

"Have a guest do you want to say hello?"