A Brief Introduction (BETA)

Kiori Mochizuki

=> Kiori: small inner desire

=>Mochizuki: hope and moon

• She is a very quiet and lonely girl. She has no friends.
• She gets very good grades (always the topper of her school). She is very smart; a genius.
• Her parents never really stay home; they are always busy with their work. But whenever they DO come home, they only ask Kiori about her studies. Nothing else. They don't even ask her how she is doing.
• Kiori, as a result, is cold and very lonely.
• She never felt loved by anyone. Everyone only talked about how great she is, at studies. She never had anyone who she could share her feelings with.
• She likes horror stuff; urban legends and rituals. She doesn't really believe in spirits and ghosts because science can't explain it and it's a bit irrational for Kiori. She does it for fun. She plays these games to see whether these ghosts actually exist or not, but she hasn't encountered anything strange or anything supernatural.
• She comes from a very wealthy family; her dad is a CEO of a very successful company and her mom is a very famous actress. Although she is very rich, she likes to be basic and simple.
• One day, a new student, Sara Takeuchi, transfers to her class; she also comes from a big family and is also good at studies.
• She and Kiori become friends.
• Term exams approached and got over. The results came out. Rank 1: Kiori, Rank 2: Sara.
• Sara was furious; she has always been the topper of her previous school and now, she couldn't handle anyone being better than her.
• She secretly changed the ranks (made the teacher change ranks by bribing him with an enormous sum of money).
• The ranks get changed.
• Kiori found it extremely weird. She figured it was Sara who changed the ranks. She asked Sara why she did it, but Sara kept denying it and told Kiori "Look, I just performed better than you. Just swallow that fact up, okay?" And then she walks away.
• Kiori was like "jeez, what's up with this girl?" and was also a bit scared cuz she has never been second in studies, and if her parents get to know this, they'll be disappointed.
•Her parents don't really seem to care about Kiori actually, they just want her to get the BEST grades.
• But to Kiori's suprise, her parents were infuriated. They yelled a lot at Kiori and her mom slapped her and told Kiori that she was ASHAMED of her.
• Kiori's mom told her that if she does anything disappointing ever again, she will lock Kiori up in the basement. "You are the daughter of the Mochizuki family. You have already been a big disgrace to us. Anything more, and I'll make sure you won't ever see the Sun again." "You are living under the Mochizuki roof, getting food and bed ONLY to get the second rank?? You've gotta be KIDDING me."
• The reason why her parents want her to be the best at studies is so that she could become the next CEO of her dad's company. There is a new rule made by the government: "People won't be allowed to inherit the position of the CEO of a company just because their parents are the current CEOs. They'll have to be worthy. If anyone is more capable than their children, they become the CEO directly." An examination would be held for deciding on this matter.
• Kiori's parents want no one except Kiori to take this position or else, they would lose all the name, fame and riches that they now have. That's why, they force Kiori to be the best.
• Well, Kiori was hurt. Her mom slapped her. Her cheek swole. And all the stuff her mom told her-- she never imagined her mom could say stuff like that. She broke. She understands that she needs to take her dad's company, but she thought her mom went too far.

• One day, she stumbled upon this game called the "Gambler's Game", where you invite a spirit to play a game of cards with you

• One day, she stumbled upon this game called the "Gambler's Game", where you invite a spirit to play a game of cards with you. But also at the same time, you ask a question to it and it'll give you an answer, with a small price to pay. So Kiori decides to play this game.
• It was night-time. She lit a few candles and started with this game. She asked the spirit (or whoever she invited to play the game in her room) "When will my suffering end?"

• BOOM! The candles went out instantly and a card flew to her-- the king of hearts. The room went cold.
• Kiori was startled. Then she heard a voice telling her the name of a particular day, a particular time and a particular place (which was under a specific tree in a forest). Then it said "Help the squirrel."
• The room went back to normal. Kiori was like "what the heck just happened??". This was the first time she encountered something supernatural.
• She is kinda scared but also curious as to why this "thing" told her this and what it wants, so she followed what the voice told her and went to that tree and helped the squirrel, whose leg was stuck underground.

• She noticed a red marble with a weird design on the place where the squirrel was stuck. As soon as she touched it, the sky became blood red, and all the trees lost their leaves. It's as if she got into another world.
• Then she turns and sees this red demon. So naturally, she would scream first. And then, she is like "what the heckkk", "what's going onnnnn", "what are youuuu".

 And then, she is like "what the heckkk", "what's going onnnnn", "what are youuuu"

• So this demon asks her, "Heh, you must have had tried so hard to summon us... Do you know how many follow you?" Then she's like "Follow? Who is following me?"
• Then she turns around and sees like... at least a 50 spirits behind her.
• The Demon says "All these people watch you everyday-- whenever you're eating, whenever you're doing work and even when you sleep-- they watch you." And she is like "bruhhhh whattt"
• Demon says, "You humans may not know this but every time you try to summon us, we get attached to you. Even though we don't appear or don't do anything, we always come when you summon us."
• Then he says, "I believe most of you humans try to summon the Bloody Mary. Ahh, she is one of my favourites. She is bloody and cruel. I know you have tried to summon her right?"
• Then Kiori is like "uhmm yeah, I did try summoning her plenty times"
• He says, "She told me she tried talking to you, but you didn't hear her--"
• Kiori is like "Well, that's enough of that. Why did you bring me here? Are you going to kill me?"
• Then the demon is like "Well, you summoned me the other day" "You asked when your suffering would end right? Well, it can end now"
• Then the demon gives her a deal: "I'll give you a fraction of my powers-- don't worry, even a fraction of my powers could make you the most powerful creature on Earth. You'll become invincible! But in exchange, I want your soul after you die."
• So she is like, "...What powers are you talking about?"
• Then he tells her that she could have the ultimate psychic ability, she could awaken her sixth sense, she could do telekinesis, she could fly and control all the spirits and monsters that follow her.
• Kiori doubts that. And then thinks a bit. She says, "I get to do all of this, just for my soul...?" And asks "Wouldn't it become awfully easy to just... kill someone...?"
• She agrees to this deal and obtains these powers. She is now a half demon and a half human.