Chapter 3. BRAVE

The dark clouds started conquering your mind, preventing light and hope to enter. Your vision started to get blurry, tears started streaming from you tired, bloodshot eyes.

You have fought so hard just to have that smile back, but it feels like you will lose it once again. The music started playing, sadness held your hand, inviting you for an unceasing dance with him. You have worked so hard to put it all together, but then the monsters came again. Ruthlessly, they have burned every fiber of happiness left in you, absorbed every drop of hope from your veins in exchange of poison and darkness.

The waves of despair came crashing in, trying to destroy the fortress of courage that you have built. Your whole body is trembling, every broken piece of you is bleeding. But here you are, walking in the valleys of shadows despite of everything. Tired, wounded, hurting, but still believing. Your body might be full of scars that you despise, but they are the evidence of the battles that you have conquered. You are a warrior wearing a crown of bravery, it won't take long, you will arise in victory.

Courage is not the absence of fear. A person who is valiant feels fear but doesn't back down when faced with uncertainties. True dauntlessness is how you manage and overcome what is making you feel small.