Potions Class

(Y/N POV)

I woke up rather earlier than usual the next day. I sat on my bed and looked around and saw I'm the only one that's awake. I sighed.

'Better get ready for a long day...' I said to myself.

I stood up from my bed and took a shower. After that, I took my vest and my school robes. I noticed that the patch where the Hogwarts logo that was originally placed on my robes was gone and was replaced by the Gryffindor crest.

I went down to the common room with a book on my hand. I sat down on the couch and started reading.

It was quiet until I heard a voice.

"(Y/N)? Why are you already awake at this time in the morning?" The voice said.

I looked up and saw Hermione looking at me. She was wearing her school robes too.

"I could ask the same thing to you too, Hermione." I said as I looked up from my book.

"Well I wake up this early usually." She said while taking a seat next to me.

"Now, what's your reason for waking up this early?" She asks, crossing her arms.

"Why? Is it bad to wake up this early?" I said with a joking tone.

She punched my arm while saying "Prat". 

I'll admit, she kinda punches hard.

"Okay, okay I'll say it." I said as I raised my arms signalling defeat.

"I woke up earlier than I intended to and I can't go back to sleep so I came here to kill time." I said while looking at me.

"Ohhh, okay. Can I read with you?" She asked.

"Sure why not?" I said while getting close to her.

We didn't notice the time as we were absorbed on the book. We only noticed the time when I looked up to see the students getting out of the common room. I closed the book and saw Hermione's head leaning on my shoulder while sleeping. It was a nice sight but it needs to end. I shook Hermione softly to wake her up.

"5 more minutes please.." she said.

I sighed and shook her gently again.

"Cmon, we have to go. Or do you want to be late?"

Hermione suddenly jolts and stood up. She looks at the clock and looks at me, clearly annoyed that I completely disturbed her sleep.

"I woke you up because I thought that we should go to breakfast. Plus, the other Gryffindors already went to the Hall." I said to her.

"Oh! Alright let's go." She said while standing up and fixing her robes.

We talked about our lives while walking towards the Great Hall. I learned that her parents are dentists. Actually, I have my own experience with dentists and, trust me, it wasn't a good experience. It's scary as hell

We were eating breakfast when Professor McGonagall went around our table, giving our timetables. I looked at my schedule and saw that we have Transfiguration first. Dad said it's one of mom's favorite subjects.

When I finished breakfast, Hermione suggested that we could go to to class early, in which, I agreed.

When we got there, no one was there. Well there was one which was a cat. I walked towards it as Hermione followed me.

"Hello Professor McGonagall. We're a bit early aren't we?" I greeted the cat.

"Don't be stupid (Y/N). That isn't Professor McGonagall, that's a cat." Hermione said.