Chapter 4E

I woke and sat up, Damon stirred too, I realised we had fallen asleep holding hands, and I realised that I hadn't been dreaming, but it seemed I had stepped into Damon's memories, only they were what he had wished for them to be.

"You okay?" He asked groggily to which I nodded, it was still dark out and I guessed the time was somewhat after two but before three "go back to sleep" Damon instructed, I laid down but couldn't sleep, I reluctantly let go of Damon's hand, and after ten minutes of not being able to go back to sleep I stood up, and left the room, I went downstairs and straight into the kitchen, I sat at the dining table with a glass of water and just stared at it, thinking about everything, and nothing.

"Hey, you okay?" I looked up to see Stefan, I nodded, "wanna talk about it?" I shook my head, tears welled in my eyes Stefan sat across from me "was it my brother?" I nodded once, tears falling freely now "you want me to go all Mike Tyson on him?" He punched the air and I laughed

"I love him, Stefan" I blurted out

"And he loves you, so what's the problem?" I shook my head

"He's Damon" I answered Stefan just raised an eyebrow as if to say elaborate "Damon doesn't love, Stefan, Damon plays, flirts, uses and doesn't look back, I don't want that, I want more, I want with him what you have with Jessica" I hiccupped, getting it all out, Stefan just shook his head.

"Damon isn't like that, Damon was never like that, Damon loves you Clarissa, we can all see it, he's scared, scared of what you'll say, what you'll do, he wants you, it's always been you, since the first time he saw you, he has wanted you, but he doesn't think he's good enough for you" Stefan explained. Why would he think he wasn't good enough? Stefan touched my hand in a brotherly gesture he said goodnight and left to go back upstairs, I stayed there, at the table until dawn, I could here the birds singing, it made me smile, I stood and went into the backyard the breeze smacked me in the face and I smiled, I was still in the dress from last night, and I was cold but I didn't care I sat in one of the deck chairs, I closed my eyes pretending I was in the past, I was outside sleeping on the ground on nothing but a blanket, I could smell a fire, someone was cooking, I heard laughter, children were playing, I could hear birds singing somewhere in the distance I heard bells, a horse drawn carriage, those were simpler times.

Since I had woken from my nine day slumber I felt I had changed, my powers were different, my senses were heightened, where I just brushed off Damon's flirting before, I couldn't do that anymore, where I could hide my feelings and bury them deep within, I couldn't do that anymore, I didn't know what tomorrow would bring, but I knew I couldn't hide my feelings anymore, weather it was because I knew Damon felt the same way, or because I was now mother witch and my powers were heightened, either way I couldnt hide it, and it scared me a little.

I opened my eyes I was back in Greenville, at the Salvatore house I could definitely smell cooking so I stood ready to help Jessica in the kitchen

"Morning" Damon greeted he was at the stove cooking pancakes, Jessica was making a pot of coffee, and Stefan was making tea,

"Damon said you don't like coffee, so I'm making you tea" Stefan told me

"No, I said she hates coffee" Damon corrected not looking away from his pan, I looked at Stefan, who seemed amused, he was trying to make me realise how much Damon knew about me.

"Need a hand?" I walked to Damon asking him, as I touched his shoulder

"No, but you can kiss me" he was thinking, my cheeks burned.

"No thanks" Damon said out loud I still stood there, staring at the pan, wanting to look at him but couldn't bring myself to do so.

"When does Jackson get here?" I heard Stefan ask, I turned to face them now hoping they would let slip who Jackson was

"He'll be here, don't worry, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were missing him" Jessica joked

"I do miss him, we haven't seen him for nearly two months, don't you miss him?"

"Of course I do" they said nothing else and my shoulders slumped we ate breakfast in silence after that.

I decided I wanted to walk around town, truth is I hadn't been here in around thirty years, and I wanted to see what had changed, no one said anything when I announced I would be back later, so off I went, I walked mindlessly for around half an hour, I soon came to a shop, they sold antiques here, and I looked at everything thoroughly.

"May I help you?" A woman asked, I followed the sound to an old lady and I shook my head, I told her I was only browsing so she left me alone, I soon came across a white figurine I nearly choked on my saliva, what was this doing here? It was a knight sat on a horse I picked it up and took it to the till,

"How much for this please?" I asked the old woman

"Five dollars" she answered that was a great price, I gave her the money and I left the shop happy with my purchase (picture on the side, shout out for the person who can guess where this figurine is from).

I entered the Salvatore house with a smile on my face.

"Hi Clarissa" I was greeted, I looked up ready to say hello, but I did not recognise the man in front me, he looked no older than eighteen and I knew he wasn't a vampire as I could hear his heart beating. I wanted to ask who he was but he had greeted me like we were friends which meant I should know him

"Hey, I see you've met Jackson" Damon came to stand next to me, ahh so this was Jackson, Jackson just rolled his eyes

"Come on uncle Damon, we do know each other" he announced in a duh tone, wait Uncle? Jackson called Damon uncle, "hey what's that" Jackson took the trinket from my hand and started looking at it

"Hey careful with that, it's a one of a kind, it's very precious to me" I tried to get it back, Jackson shrugged and gave it back

"It's wood, not really precious" I was thankful he gave it back

"Be right back" I announced as I ran upstairs, I ran to Damon's room, opened the door and looked around, realising my bag wasn't here, I cussed when I remembered I hadn't bought it with me, Damon entered just then and before he could say anything I blinked home, to the hotel, straight to my office, I put the trinket in the top draw of my desk, then blinked back to Damon's room in Damon's house, upon seeing me Damon sighed in relief, he walked over to me.

"Where did you get the trinket?" He asked, I told him about the antique shop, to which he nodded, we went downstairs then, and made small talk,

We were sat in the sitting area, Damon was sat in a chair alone and I sat next to Jackson, we talking about his time away when Stefan and Jessica walked in, they announced that they had something they wanted to tell Jackson. I took that as my cue and stood up, Damon patted the arm rest next to him and I went and sat down, Damon held me around the waist and I let him.

"Jackson, when we first adopted you..." ahh he was their son, everything made so much more sense "... we wanted to tell you the truth, but we decided to wait until you were eighteen, you are now eighteen and we believe you are ready to make a decision." Jessica spoke.