Chapter 8-Cab Chases & Pill Choices

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry about it. Can you speed back up a little?" I ask in a sickly sweet tone.

I look forward and try to zero in on Sherlock's voice again.

"Who would notice me?"

"You're too modest, Mr Holmes."

"I'm really not."

"Well, with the cute lady you've pulled under your wing, in only a day, is it so hard to imagine you've got yourself a fan?"

Something about the fact that he's noticed me sends a chill down my spine. I don't like the thought of him knowing I exist.

I wonder who else has noticed?

"Tell me more." Sherlock says, completely ignoring the man's statement about me.

"That's all you're gonna know." The cabby says, "In this lifetime."

Suddenly the conversation goes quiet. Deadly silent. The honk of a horn snaps me back to the present and I quickly realize the problem as the cab was trapped behind a reversing truck.

Oh you've gotta be shit-

"Oh, for Fucks sake!" I scream out in frustration.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but I think we've lost them by now." He states just as the truck pulls away.

I bury my head in my hands.

Dammit. I swear to god Sherlock, What the fuck are you thinking? Why the fuck would you get into a Cab with a Serial Murderer? You are smarter than this, I know you are so why trust a shady man who does god knows what in god knows whe-

It suddenly hits me.

Of course.

"Excuse me, odd question during this time, I know but you know where we are, correct." I ask the cabby sweetly.

"Well, yea, it's not hard to read a street sign." The cabby responds sarcastically.

Hold your tongue River, Sherlock is more important.

"Sorry, let me rephrase, you know the city like the back of your hand. Every detour, every street, every route, Correct?" I respond with slight venom in my tone.

"Y-yes ma'am."

"Good, Tell me, is there any place nearby that's quiet, large and open for public visitors?"

"Umm...well, there is construction happening about three blocks from here."

"No, he's already done that, think again." I say, biting my nails, thinking.

"There's a nature reserve that stays open pretty late about five streets away?"

"No, too in the open, too much of a chance of being seen. Come on, think like a serial killer." I raise my voice in tone of frustration.

Suddenly, It's silent again. I look up to the cabby turned around, looking at me in horrified shock.

"You know, I'd love for you to sit here and question my sanity but there may quite literally be a man's life at stake here." I say in a scarily calm tone, snapping the cabby out of whatever daze they were in.