t͓̽w͓̽e͓̽n͓̽t͓̽y͓̽f͓̽i͓̽v͓̽e͓̽. l͓̽o͓̽n͓̽e͓̽l͓̽y͓̽ h͓̽e͓̽a͓̽r͓̽t͓̽

"your precious heart, can't watch it break
so i close my eyes, while you walk away"
lonely heart - 5sos

☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎

february 24th, 2020

"what?"

he looked up at her in shock, not knowing what else to say

"why were you at renee's house?" she repeated, a hard expression on her face as she locked eyes with him

"it wasn't.. it wasn't what you think-"

"-yeah, i've heard that before"

"i'm serious, ellie" he pleaded, "it wasn't what it seems like. i just went over there to talk. i should've been honest with you, and i'm sorry, but it's not what you think it was"

"you looked real comfortable sitting on her couch"

"how do you even know this?" he questioned her, crossing his arms over his chest and looking at her expectedly

"are you kidding me?" she scoffed, "you're going to try and turn the blame on me?"

he let his arms drop back down to his sides, letting out a sigh, "i'm not blaming you for anything. it wasn't what you think, baby. i wouldn't do that to you"

"oh, yeah?" she let out a sarcastic giggle, "you've said those exact words before. i believed you once.. and then i ended up heartbroken"

"lennie, i don't know how many times i have to tell you that it's different now" he breathed, standing from her bed and peering down at her

"you saying it doesn't mean anything" she copied his actions, throwing the covers off of her and getting to her feet, "words don't mean anything if your actions don't match"

"my actions don't match? are you kidding me?" he snickered, "you're getting pissed at me because i went to some girls house without telling you!"

she stared at him in disbelief, "uhh yeah! the same girl that's been harassing me for the past few weeks!"

"i'm not going to stand here and fight with you, eleanor"

"what did you expect to happen when you came here?!" she sneered

"i expected you to be able to sit with me and have a mature conversation!" he snapped, "but clearly that's not something you're capable of!"

she threw her hands up in frustration, "and i expected you to be able to stay loyal! guess we were both wrong"

"i didn't fucking cheat on you!" he rolled his eyes, "we're not even back together, lennie. i can do whatever the hell i want"

"good!" she yelled, "keep that same fucking energy from now on"

he paused for a moment, a part of him telling him to stop while he was still ahead — while he was still able to fix things, but like a dumbass, he ignored that part. instead, he kept yelling.

"this was a mistake. you're never going to trust me!"

"have you ever given me a reason to trust you?" she paused, giving him time to respond. when he didn't, she let out laugh, "yeah, that's what i thought"

"whatever, lennie. i'm done fighting with you"

"the doors right there!"

he obliged. he made his way to the door and opened it. he took one last look at her, willing himself to say something else — to say anything else.

she watched in anticipation, hoping he'd fight to stay. she didn't know if she could go through the pain of loosing him twice.

he didn't though.

with one last glance at her, he was the one to walk out the door this time, slamming it behind him.