Part 1 - Chapter 1*

Author's Note: Please be forewarned that this is an age gap romance with non-sexual dom/sub aspects

Author's Note: Please be forewarned that this is an age gap romance with non-sexual dom/sub aspects. I want to be forthcoming: it's not something the me today would ever write with a clear heart. But since it was my first story on Wattpad, it holds a special place in many readers' hearts, so I'm keeping it up for them—and as an example to aspiring and beginner writers. If at any point you find yourself uncomfortable with the story, that's valid, and feel free to drop it.

"Listen. A new fresh pack of condoms. They're yours for free," Riley said into his cell phone as he stood in his small apartment's kitchen.

There was a silence on the other end. Jay's voice came through hesitantly, "What, are they weird flavours?"

How Riley had ended up on the phone offering his friend a pack of condoms wasn't a long story. It was just a strange one.

Not too long ago, Riley had been standing in a large convenience store watching two middle schoolers in the adjacent aisle suspiciously jab each other

Not too long ago, Riley had been standing in a large convenience store watching two middle schoolers in the adjacent aisle suspiciously jab each other. From behind a fairly tall wall of snacks and perforated metal, he could hear one hiss, "Chips would make too much noise, dumb ass."

Well, at least they've got that figured out. From their angle, they couldn't be seen from the register, but they were doing it all wrong. Light-fingered himself (though now preferring pick-pocketing), Riley couldn't help but be irritated by their technique. Whispering so loudly, they're going to get caught... Should I warn them? Give them some tips?

Riley heard footsteps approaching the boys.

Or I could watch them get caught. That sounds more fun.

He moved closer to the opposite aisle to get a better view. After pushing a bag of chips to the side, he was surprised by the sight. That was definitely not the cashier standing between the boys. It didn't look to be the manager either. They'd been caught by another customer.

His profile was all that Riley could see, but it was all he really needed to tell that this guy (however old he was) didn't look much older than Riley. His eyes were unemotional. The boys looked at him nervously.