"Because I'm right and you know it." Mina sounded smug.

"Yes, your majesty."

Chaeyoung laughed. "I want to thank your friend for picking us up last night."

"You can tell her in person. She's my plus one to your cocktail party tonight."

There was a short silence before a bemused voice answered, "I invited you to my parents' cocktail party? Oh, I must've been drunker than I thought."

"Why? Do you not want us to come? It's no problem if you don't—"

"No, it's fine," Mina  assured. "It's just that my parents are rather…unconventional, and it shows in their parties. I'm just warning Chaeyoung that Myōi cocktail parties get rather exuberant as the night goes on."

"I'll be able to handle it if you don't leave me to fend for myself. Sana will make you her new best friend, though."

"Well, I'm currently not accepting applications for the position, but I'll contact her if there's an opening."

Chaeyoung snickered. "I'll pass along the message. See you tonight."

"Bye, Chaeyoung"

______

Chaeyoung furrowed her brow and looked in the mirror. Her outfit was fine, but there was one thing missing…"Jihyo! Which color tie matches this shirt?"

She scowled when  Sana barreled into her room. "Who let you in?"

Sana plopped on Chaeyoung's  bed. "Jihyo did. I've been waiting forever. Pick a color or I'll torch all your skinny ties."

Chaeyoung sighed in relief when Jihyo poked her head in. "Purple or white?"

Jihyo scrutinized Chaeyoung carefully. "White. It makes your eyes pop."

"You know what else makes your eyes pop? Asphyxiation…which will happen to you if you don't hurry up."

Chaeyoung fumbled with her tie. "Shut it, Sana. Jihyo,you sure you don't want to come?"

Jihyo shrugged. "Duty calls. I have the night shift again at the restaurant."

Sana placed a hand on Jihyo's shoulder and gave her a sympathetic look. "I'll bring home a runway model for you."

Jihyo snorted. "If you can get one yourself." She looked over the pair before laughing. "It hurts me to say this, but you both clean up rather nicely. Have fun; don't call me if you're drunk because I will notpick you up."

Sana looked at Chaeyoung . "Her loyalty is astounding. Are we going to take my car?"

Chaeyoung grabbed her keys from the hook by the door. "Nah, let's take my bike."

"I want to drive!" Sana scrambled after Chaeyoung.

"Sure, if you can manage to pry the keys from my cold, dead hands."

"And once I do, I'm taking your wallet, too."

"But until then…"

"Yeah, yeah. Keep going, we want to be fashionably late, not shit-we-missed-the-party late."

_____

Sana gaped at her surroundings while Chaeyoung fruitlessly searched the crowd for Mina . The Myōi residence magically transformed from the empty place last night to a gathering of the rich and famous. Waiters ducked in and out of the crowd, holding glasses of champagne.

Sana nudged the distracted Chaeyoung in the ribs. "Are you sure you're a cradle-snatcher and not a gold digger?"

Chaeyoung ignored her friend and surveyed the people in distaste. "I hate crowds. I wonder where Mina is? No one looks under the age of 20 here."