Salma rushes to him and she immediately hugs him, she rubs his back. "What is troubling you?" Salma questions him and Dowen sniffles as he wipes under his eyes. "I'm.. scared." He admitted which Salma knew it was hard for him to say because he's the type to suffer in silence that's why she always had to make sure nothing harsh was going on with him since he wasn't so open about a lot of things even if he was comfortable, they always have to ask or he won't say anything at all.

"It's okay to be scared but I know that you'll be amazing, you always are." Salma says.

Dowen exhaled as he closed his eyes. "I'm not scared of messing up, I know I'm not going to mess up but no one here is taking it as seriously as I am and it's frustrating. The other kids think this is some kiddie show when they don't realize we are performing in the Alvin Ailey theater. All the legends performed here." Dowen emphasized, and Salma smiles because she taught Dowen so well. "I know, it's frustrating, but just do your best and don't worry about anyone else. When did you ever care about the other kids in your class?" Salma questioned and Dowen's mouth fell open, he stared off for a moment and he slowly curled his lip with disgust. "Ew oh god.. I can't believe myself right now." Dowen huffed out and Salma adjusted his hair, she chuckled because Dowen was probably the most interesting person she will ever meet.

"Is.. Ellie here?" Dowen asked.

Salma smiled wiped from her face and she shakes her head slowly.

Dowen rolled his eyes because he honestly couldn't stand his brother, even though he deeply loved his older brother. Ellie came into their family when Dowen was just eight. Although Ellie was older by four years so it was tough because the two fought a lot. Dowen enjoyed being the oldest and Ellie took his place, it was a lot of competing between them for a while.

"He had soccer practice." Salma says.

Dowen scoffed because Ellie could have missed soccer practice if he wanted to, it wasn't mandatory. "Sure." Dowen says.

Salma grabbed Dowen's hands because she knew he wanted Ellie to come even though he has said that he didn't like Ellie. It was a love-hate relationship between them. "Aunt Shania, Little Salma, Hazel, your Dad, Mickey, Jude, and Daila are here so that's good, Daila honestly can't even sit in her chair because she's so excited." Salma says and it relieved Dowen that at least the rest of his family and siblings were here, he knew he would count on them to be there.

"Five minutes, we need all performers backstage now!"

Salma quickly hugs Dowen, and she pulls back a little. "You're going to do amazing, I know it, and if you get nervous just pretend that the audience is not there, and it's just you." Salma tells him and Dowen knew that was going to be a bit of a challenge, but he will try.

He quickly leaves his mother, and he goes backstage.

All the children lined up and Dowen's teacher, Director Samuels, was in a panic mode as he got everyone paired up with their partners to start off the show. Dowen looked around and his partner was not even here and that's what made his heartbeat out of his chest. "Leslie couldn't come today so we will be paired up with Lourdes." Director Samuels says and Dowen felt his palms beginning to sweat because Lourdes was Dowen's crush since he was eight. They went to different schools but always took the same ballet programs. Of course, they were separated by gender, but now and then, they had classes together.

Lourdes was from Haiti, she was someone that people found attractive but they knew she was just weird. Her family hasn't been in New York for that long, so it was quite hard for Lourdes to adjust to when she first came to their program. People thought she was beautiful but made fun of her hair, her 'smelly' food, and her customs also the way she spoke. But Dowen, was so in love with the girl that even just looking at her made him blush so much.