Here comes the Boom

Natalie's POV

I walked down the hall of the prisoners. I carried small candies with me secretly. Whenever I would go "interrogate" prisoners, I would always to a well-being check, and give them some sweet candy. The doors opened for me to a man, slouched and dirty. when the doors closed I went over to him, and put my hand on his shoulder. 

"Sir, I am here to check up on you." I shook him a little when he didn't respond. "Sir?" his body fell to the side, and a piece of paper was in his hand. 

                                        You fell for it. Now run.

I cried out. "EVACUATE!" I shoved all the stormtroopers out of the way and opened all the doors to the prisoners. "Get to safety!" I shouted running. A huge blast threw me forward. Regaining my balance, I saw there were attacks outside. 

"Natalie." I turned to see my brother, or the mask covering him. "Get to the TIE fighter, you are going to be fighting." The mechanical voice said. 

"You know I didn't pass my-" I started. He reached out his hand and I felt my airway seize up. I spluttered. He released when I started going purple. I fell to my knees and he helped me up. 

"don't touch me," I growled. 

"You're my sister, and I love you, you know that right?" 

"There's no time for this, Kylo Ren."  I mocked. "I was ordered to go to the TIE fighters." I turned my back on him as I grabbed a helmet and gloves. Jumping into a TIE I zipped out of the star destroyer and started to target the Resistance. To be completely honest, the resistance had a special place in my heart. They cared about each other and the people around them more than rank, unlike here. The Resistance was for the people, and I was for them. I purposely missed the shots, but the other X-wings didn't take a liking to it. Three of them teamed up on me as we took our fighting into the fourth moon of Yavin. Shaking them didn't seem like an option so I tried to lose them in the trees. We came to a clearing, and I just couldn't shake them, when one was just on me. 

I can shake them, I thought. Doing rolls and other fancy maneuvers to lose the pilot, I still couldn't shake him. He was good. Then, I felt a jolt, and my TIE started going down. The eject button wasn't working, so bracing for impact, I slowly touched my pant leg where I kept a photo of Ben and me as little kids. Closing my eyes, I crashed into the trees. 

***********************************************************************************************

I woke up on the ground, with pain all through my body, specifically my right leg and stomach. Looking at my leg, where the majority of the pain was, a large piece of metal was crushing my leg. I shifted and white-hot pain caused me to cry out. Biting my lip, I yanked my leg out, blood slowly dripping down my leg. The pain made my vision go blurry, threatening to make me blackout again. I noticed the cause of pain in my stomach, a large gash going from either side of my abdomen. I tore off my jacket and shirt, using the black fabric to stop the bleeding. Off in the distance, I could hear voices. Slowly getting up, I placed all my weight on my left leg, while clutching my stomach, I dragged myself and leg in the direction of the voices.

Seeing people behind the trees, I started crying for help. "Help!" I shouted. The metallic taste of blood started to fill my mouth. "Please!" A man noticed my cries and came to me. 

"Are you, alri-oh my god..." his voice trailed off, and looked at the faint trail of blood I left, discoloring the grass. "Medic!" His voice soared through the sky. He picked me up, and I was able to get a good look at his face. His skin was smooth, with a little visible stubble along his jaw and chin, traveling up his cheek and upper lip. His thick brown hair flew through the wind, and his brown eyes looked over me in concern. The way people reacted to his order made me think that he was in charge. Soon, I was on a stretcher, my vision going darker, as a woman with brown hair in three separate buns approached me.