Ch. 13: The Letters

October 22 - 9:00 pm your time

My dearest, Arabella

I want to start by saying that I am truly sorry for how I left. Mother told me you missed breakfast that morning. I will explain so much to you when I return home.

Speaking of Mother, I want you to reach out and make sure she is okay. She tends to get overly-worried any time Father and I are away. Things are going extremely well here. I have much to tell you when I get home. 

I miss you. I think of you every day. I think of you not just when there is nothing happening but also whenever there are too many other things I should be thinking about. I love you. I can't wait to see you again, my dear.

Yours truly,

Carlisle

I read and reread the letter before sending Anne for paper and a pen. I told her to get enough for two letters so that I can write my family, as well. After about five minutes, she is back with the paper. I take it and sit on the balcony with a book to write on.

October 24 - 10:00 pm my time

My favorite prince, Carlisle

I miss you, too. I am counting the minutes until you return. I have been spending every day with your Mother. She joins us in the Women's Room until she has to do work, and even then she asks some of us to join her. Usually, it is me and Amie. We even had an entire fashion show with your mother the first day. She truly is the sweetest woman I know. 

I forgive you for how you left. I just want you to know I am 100% in. I love you, Carlisle. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. But, if someone else makes you happier, I will step aside. I want, above all, for you to be happy, and live a full life.  I just need to know what you want. Do you need more time? Did you just need more from me? What can I do?

I can't wait to hear about your trip. Have a safe flight back on Friday. 

Your "dearest,"

Arabella

I fold it and put it in the envelope to be mailed off. Then I get ready to write to my family.

Mom and Dad,

I have been having the most amazing time here. Regardless, I still miss you more and more every day. I have completely fallen head over heels for Prince Carlisle. He is funny, charming, and the sweetest guy you'll ever meet. We have so much in common! He makes me happy. I just hope things work out.

There are still 26 of us left. The Queen and I have actually grown super close! We had a whole fashion show the other day! I get to wear beautiful dresses every day, and Sophia, who is in charge of us basically, teaches us stuff about the government, our history, and about being a princess! 

I hope the money has been helping. And I hope Sissy is behaving. I miss her so much it hurts. Please read this letter to her, as I know she will love it. She is my little princess! Give her a hug and kiss for me.

All my love,

Arabella

Anne sends my letter off as soon as I hand them to her, and I crawl into bed, already changed for the night. All I can think about is Carlisle's letter and what he said the night before he left. Does he love another girl? Is it just too soon? I don't know what to think or do. I just need things to be okay and to know why he isn't ready. I eventually lose track of my thoughts as I drift off to sleep.