Chapter 5

JJ's POV:

As Kie helped get me up I realized her eyes were red from crying. 

I wanted to say something to her, anything really. Just tell her how much I had missed her, or how much I was hurting. But I decided to just keep quiet. So did she. 

The silence wasn't awkward at all, it was actually quite satisfying. She tried picking me up by my arm, but I guess I flinched because of the pain, because she quickly let go. I fell to the floor, which hurt a lot, but I brushed it off quickly. 

After a while of flinching and her trying to help pick me up, I finally got up on my feet and started walking. 

She opened the door for me and then we quickly walked to the car. She opened my car door and I said: "such a gentleman." 

Kie's POV: 

"such a gentleman." I couldn't help laugh at his stupid joke, it felt a little like old times, but quite different. I guess he saw my facial expression change when I started thinking about old times and John B because he asked: "hey Kie, you okay?" 

I looked into his eyes and tears started forming in my eyes. "No." I felt a tear roll down my face. He quickly wiped it off my face. As he touched my face I felt something strange. A feeling in my stomach. Like I never wanted his hand to leave my face. Wait a minute, I mean, no I felt nothing. I quickly grabbed his hand and held it for a while. We just stood there looking each other in the eyes. 

He broke the silence by saying: "So, you want to go? Or you just want to keep standing here?" And he said that with the biggest JJ grin on his face I had ever seen. 

After he said that I quickly became very cautious of my feelings and actions again. I had never felt that way before. So out of control. As if my heart just took over. Whatever though. It was probably just because I just got my best friend back. 

I stepped into the car and started driving towards the Chateau. 

The last time I was there it was with Pope. Pope. Damn it, Pope. I had totally forgotten about Pope. 

I turned my phone on and saw that I had 12 missed calls from him and 21 new texts. Wow. I mean we saw each other not even 45 minutes ago. 

I called Pope and told him to meet me and JJ at the Chateau in 30 minutes. 

JJ's POV: 

In the car Kie called Pope and told him to meet us at the Chateau. I had no idea what was going on with them, and I wasn't sure I wanted to know. The last thing I remember is them sharing one, in my opinion not very passionate, kiss. 

"So Kie, you and Pope?" 

She looked at me and looked hesitant to answer that question. 

 "Well, I don't know." 

"Come on? I mean you kissed him." She looked at me like I was crazy, so I quickly said: "I mean, I just want to know in case I have to be the awkward third wheel." I was really trying to get a definite answer. I mean, I didn't want there to be any confusion. I always knew Pope had a thing for Kie. I mean, we all do. Or did. 

"I guess, but with everything that has been happening, I just wasn't thinking about Pope or being in a relationship." 

"Huh." That is all I managed to say. I wanted Pope to be happy, but at the same time I was relieved that they weren't in a relationship. 

Even though I was acting tough and happy around Kiara, inside I was really falling apart. And I couldn't lose them as friends.