Chapter 3

Pope's POV:

I had been wanting to ask Kiara about the kiss ever since it happened, just a lot got in between.

I had no idea how she was feeling, so I just asked her: "so, Kie, do you want to talk about it?" She just looked at me as if she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. "Talk about what Pope?" She asked me. "You know, the kiss." I asked her. She looked at me with a smile that looked forced.

Kiara's POV:

When he asked me that, I had no idea how to respond, I mean I hadn't thought about it at all since it happened. I mean yesterday I was barely eating. I just needed some more time to think about it, and take everything into consideration.

I mean, me and Pope want different things. He wants to go to college, I want to travel. I just don't know if us being together would be such a good idea.

I realized that I had been thinking for about 2 minutes without responding while Pope was looking at me, not knowing what else to say.
"I don't know Pope, I mean, I just need more time." I responded quickly.

I knew he probably liked me a lot, and I didn't want to break his heart, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized the kiss wasn't such a great idea.

He just looked at me without saying anything. I took a deep breath and realized that I probably hurt him a little. "Pope?" I asked him without looking at him. He just kept looking at me.

"More time? What do you mean more time? It's been a week Kiara. I can't wait. I love you." He stood up and left the chateau. I didn't know what to say. I mean, I get where he was coming from, but this was my choice. All of a sudden I started thinking about JJ.

He never came. All of a sudden all of my worry over Pope turned into worry over JJ.

I needed to talk to him. I got up and realized he was probably at his house. I got into the truck and started driving there when I started getting texts from Pope.

Pope: So sorry Kie for shouting at you.

Pope: I didn't mean it.

Pope: I just love you.

2 missed calls from Pope.

1 voice mail from Pope.

3 missed calls from Pope.

Pope: I'm at the chateau, where are you?

He was driving me crazy. I just turned my phone off and focused on JJ.

I knew how terrible his father treated him, and I was worried for his safety.

I arrived at the house and didn't see Luke's car.

That made me really happy, because I knew if JJ was here this way it would be easier to take him with me.

I turned my car off and stepped out.

I walked up to the door and opened it.

There I saw JJ, lying on the floor.