9

CHAPTER NINE | I'M TRYING BUT THEY'RE HOT

Oliver decided to walk home. After school, Leo had come up practically begging him to play volleyball, but Oliver used the excuse of his terminally ill Grandpa. It worked out well, but Oliver had no intentions of going to see his Grandpa on his own.

Instead Oliver was going to try and find Nimue. The mysterious alien-lady hadn't shown up, and Oliver was starting to get nervous. The Accords, once he calmed down, he realized were the ones that she told him about.

Nimue had started to cause a lot of trouble for Oliver's sanity. She seemed to be the breaking point for him. Not the internship, the superpowers, the accords, the pressure of school. No. It was the alien-lady that showed up and told Oliver, that on top of everything else, he had to save the world.

In all fairness, he was just a teenager. He should be studying and doing stupid teenage shit. He should not be trying to save the world from another psycho alien attack. There were so many things going on that Oliver just wanted to lay in bed and do nothing.

When he got to his bed, there was somebody in it already.

More than a little freaked out, Oliver yelled.

The person sat up, stiff and kinda familiar.

"Ah, you're home."

"What the fuck, who are you? And what are you doing in my house?" Oliver shouted while backing away.

"Oh, I forgot I look different." Suddenly the room started to spin and Oliver felt his body getting lighter. "I'm Nimue, I told you I'd meet you in a week."

"Huh?" Oliver was shocked.

Nimue sat up, she definitely didn't look like the statue from before. Her hair hung around her shoulders, and she was at least six feet tall. It occurred to Oliver that Nimue was not actually a girl.

"But, you were a girl last time I saw you?" He was confused. Sure Nimue was an alien, so it was possible, but there was too much shock rushing through Oliver for him to think clearly.

"Yes, but it seems that in this century, it would be less conspicuous if I was a man."

"Oh, okay then." Oliver sat down on his desk.

"I have come to train you how to use your gift. We should start immediately." Nimue, sat up and started to walk towards Oliver.

He held up his hands, "W-wait, I have homework, I need to do a physics proj-" Before he could finish, Nimue had already sent them away.

Oliver was hunched over, his hands on his knees taking deep breaths.

"To remain on schedule, you must start now." Oliver looked at him incredulously.

"I think you should train yourself for social situations, and maybe some manners," Oliver mumbled. Nimue turned his head and shot a cold look at him.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, it was nothing." Oliver laughed it off nervously.

"Great. Now, let's start. Do you know how to fight?" Nimue asked. Oliver shook his head. "Do you know how to control your powers?"

"Not really, I can go short distances, but it makes me pretty tired if I do it too much."

Nimue having a face was probably even scarier than when he didn't have one. Now, Oliver could see his emotions. Plus it didn't help that Nimue was really hot. He was the androgynous hot, like if Nimue was a human he'd be in some underground band and played the bass.