thirty-eight

•••

"Oi Fabian, how's Molly been? Doesn't she have a kid now?" James said on a lazy Sunday afternoon, throwing a Snitch in the air and catching it right before it was able to fly away.

        "She's settled down. She has three kids already! It's wild. I'm an uncle," Fabian said. They were all sitting in the Marauders' dorm except Remus. Ivy was currently studying with him in the Ravenclaw common room. It was his first time being in there. He marveled at it, looking around the room as a few other Ravenclaw's stared at him.

        They've been studying for quite some time. The full moon was yesterday, and it seemed to be a particularly bad one. He looked tired and beat up and sick. Ivy noticed but tried to refrain from saying anything.

"Remus, we should take a break," Ivy said after a while of studying together in silence. It was unusual for her to suggest to stop studying, but Remus's weakened state made her.

"But I'm not done," Remus said slowly as he continued to write. There were a few other students in the common room, taking up other chairs. The common room was filled with laughter and noise from them. Ivy and Remus were seated on the couch that was near the window.

"Please. You look ill," Ivy said pleadingly, causing him to look up from his book and make eye contact with her. He sighed, placing his quill down and rubbing his eyes.

"But I won't finish if I stop," Remus persisted, looking over at Ivy. She widened her doe-like eyes.

"I'll do it for you. It's not that much."

"No. You already have a lot," Remus said automatically, shaking his head. Ivy groaned.

"Come on," She said with the roll of her eyes. Remus shook his head again, picking up his quill once again.

Right as Remus tried to write answers down, Ivy snatched the quill from his hand and threw it. She closed the book abruptly, taking it off of where he had it propped on the arm of the couch. He tried to take it back, but Ivy brought it farther away from his hands, stretching her body out on the couch in hopes of keeping it away from him. He did the same, causing Ivy to laugh as he stretched out on top of her.

        "No! You've studied enough!" Ivy said in between laughter, still holding it up.

        "Please," Remus begged. Ivy sighed, sitting back up but still keeping the book away from him.

        "Fine. But we should come to my dorm. It's quieter there."

        "Won't Chloe and the rest be there?" Remus asked as Ivy got up.

        "Well, yes, I suppose. But they're usually quiet and I can kick them out if not," Ivy said as Remus chuckled. They packed up their stuff and began walking to her dorm. It was just as Remus had remembered it. The walls were covered in Witch Weekly magazines and stickers.

          She opened the door timidly, peeking her head in. To her dismay, Chloe, Jessica, and Bella were all sitting on their beds, studying. They turned their heads to look at her as she opened the door, soon looking above her petite figure and to Remus.

          "Hi, Ivy. And Remus," Chloe said as Ivy cleared her throat and opened the door wider, taking a step inside.

        "We're studying here because it's far too loud in the common room and you can't talk in the library," Ivy said with a roll of her eyes as she slammed the books down on the desk.

        "We were just on our way out," Jessica said, looking at all the other girls threateningly.

        "Oh, yeah. We were," Chloe said, getting up from where she was sitting on her bed and standing beside Jessica. Bella looked at the two, who was glaring at her.