four

•••

Ivy woke up from her slumber and got dressed for school. She put on her makeup, her robes, her shoes, and brushed her hair.

She went out of her dorm and in the common room. She glanced to the bulletin board and saw the quidditch tryout results. She read through them and was pleasantly surprised to see she made the team.

        Although, she did grimace as she realized Adam was a Beater with her, which was inevitable. She wondered when her brother, Justin, would have his tryouts.

She walked down to breakfast and sat down at the Ravenclaw table, in her usual spot next to the girls she shared a dorm with.

"Hey, Ivy," One of them said. She was the 'leader' of the group. She had platinum blonde hair. Ivy had talked to her before and was on good terms. They even shared a dorm. But they weren't best friends, like the rest of the group.

        "Hello," Ivy said, trying to remember her name because she didn't want to seem rude and ask.

         "Congrats on making the quidditch team. I didn't know you played quidditch," She said, smiling at Ivy. Ivy gave a smile back, her name instantly popping into her head once she spoke more with her honeyed voice. Chloe.

        "So, um, I see you sit next to Sirius Black in Transfiguration. I was just wondering, could you put in a good word for me?" Chloe said, a bit awkwardly for someone who was so confident. Ivy nodded her head with a smile.

        "Sure. I'll tell him today."

        Chloe smiled. "Maybe you aren't so bad, Ivy," She said with a genuine smile, one that lit up her perfect face. Ivy laughed shyly. "Well, anyways, now that that's out of the way, we should hang out more. I know we're roommates, but I don't hear from you very often."

        "Yeah, sure," Ivy nodded, smiling. She was probably considered part of their clique by a lot of Hogwarts, but she wasn't as close to them as they were with each other. If anything, she was probably left out of their clique for being so focused on academic pursuits. They ate the rest of their breakfast, talking as they did so.

        Later that day, Ivy sat under the Black Lake. She had a break in between her classes and was currently writing down answers to her homework before Remus approached her.

        "Hey," Ivy said as Remus's shadow blocked the sun from her, making it easier to see.

"Hi. I was wondering— well, we were wondering— if you would want to come to Hogsmeade with us," Remus said. Ivy blinked.

        "Now?"

        "Yeah, if you want to. It was Sirius's idea," He hastily added. Sirius had already taken a liking to the Ravenclaw, more than the others. He thought she was funny.

        "Sure, why not," Ivy said, looking down at her book. She closed it, stood up, and made her way to Hogsmeade with the four.

         They traveled, making conversation as they did so, and then got to the streets of Hogsmeade.

         "So, Ivy," James began, leaning over to look at Ivy as they walked. "You enjoying quidditch?"

        "I suppose," Ivy said, thinking about it for a second. "It's fun. Gives me something to do. Though I could never imagine being as devoted to it as you."