ten

•••

Ivy put on her Hogwarts robes and walked out of the Ravenclaw common room where she saw four boys walking down the corridor. She walked as fast as she could to catch up to them and said hello. Valentine's day was a few weeks ago and Ivy didn't receive a gift or give one.

"I want death. My stomach hurts so bad," Ivy complained to no one in particular as they all turned their heads to look at her.

"Is it that time of the month, Ivy? You got cramps?" Sirius said as he poked her stomach.

"How did you know I was a werewolf, Sirius?" Ivy said sarcastically, gasping and putting a hand over her mouth. Remus choked on air, surprised at what she said. Peter patted him on the back a few times and nodded at Ivy awkwardly. Sirius thought this was a perfect opportunity to get her thoughts on how she would feel once she finds out about Remus's secret.

"What's your opinion on werewolves?" Sirius asked as Ivy shrugged.

"Let's say— I don't know— you're a werewolf. Once I find out, I wouldn't give two shits." She paused. "I mean, no one asks to be a werewolf, so I shouldn't blame you for it. It's also none of my business, I'm sure you wouldn't want me sticking my nose into your secrets," Ivy said as the four boys listened intently. "Also yes, that's why my stomach hurts."

"I am so sorry. I can't imagine being a girl," Sirius said as Ivy shrugged.

"It sucks, but at least I'm not pregnant."

They turned in the Great Hall and Ivy said goodbye, walking over to the Ravenclaw table.

"What did I say. She isn't gonna care that you're a werewolf," Sirius said to Remus as Remus frowned.

"It's because that was hypothetical! She doesn't think that that conversation is gonna matter," Remus said as James shook his head quickly. "But it will. It's gonna matter very soon when she starts putting together the puzzle pieces."

"No, no. She will be fine once she finds out. And, since we are in the process of becoming Animagus's, that's something else to almost distract her. It will be fine! I think you should tell her. She's gonna figure it out eventually, and she would trust you more if you were honest." James said as they sat down. "Lilypad, will you go to Hogsmeade with me?"

"No, piss off."

"Ivy's a good person, and understanding. She will be supportive," Peter said, shrugging.

"I don't think so. It's gonna be shocking to her that she's been friends with a fucking monster for almost a year and he hasn't even told her," Remus said as they all looked at Ivy, who was talking to the girls she shared a dorm with. "Maybe I should tell her."

        "I honestly think it's a good idea. It's a bit risky, but what's life without some danger?" Sirius said as James rolled his eyes.

        "You're so cheesy," James said as Sirius winked. "I'd go for it. Maybe not today, but sometime soon. The next full moon is in a week. Maybe you should give her one or two more full moons to figure it out," James shrugged as Peter nodded vigorously.

         "Yeah. Even if you don't tell her, she'd understand. It's a huge secret, and it would take some bravery to tell anyone. It's your choice in the end," Peter said.

        "Good thing I'm in Gryffindor!" Remus said sarcastically as the three boys chuckled.

        From across the room, Ivy was having a completely different conversation with her roommates.