Chapter Nine

((AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE- It's been a second. I haven't updated in like a month? But I finally found a bit of time to write this, and I hope you enjoy it. Again I'm really sorry I didn't update!

The Hatter signaled me to follow him, and I did as he asked. We went back into the castle and he led me to a room with a balcony, my eyes immediately focused on the landscape that was filled with beautiful waterfalls.

"This is wonderful," I say smiling.

"Yes, very beautiful," He stood beside me, though I could tell something was off. He seemed different, less cheerful.

"Thank you for showing me this," I look over at him and pat his arm.

"Oh, no problem," A small blush started growing on his face, and I couldn't help but laugh.

We stood there, just watching the waterfalls. I felt so comfortable, so at home. I never felt something like this. I never felt so at home before, and now I do. I leaned over at the Hatter, resting my head on his shoulder. I knew this was quick, and I knew this was a little too much, but I felt comfortable. I was nervous about his reaction, but it seemed like he didn't mind. So we stayed there, not saying a word.

After a bit, I pulled away. It was nice, but I was getting too nervous. I've always been scared about rejection, and I'll admit, I don't know how I feel about the Hatter. He's very kind, and lovely, but we're technically in different realities.

"We should get back with the group," I say, already leaving the balcony.

He nodded, and followed me. The walk back to the group was awkward, but I feel like it's partially my fault. I went too fast, I've been here for less than a week, I shouldn't have gone for it. I feel so stupid, but I don't know if I regret it.

Soon enough, we were back with the group. I stood beside Alice, and the Hatter stood across from me.

"Y/N?" Alice asked.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay? You seem a bit off," She looked concerned and gently took one of my hands and held it close.

"Would you mind if I talked to you privately?"

"Of course, I'll be back in a second everyone," She grinned at everyone, and we went to a separate room.

"Alice, I'm confused," I whisper, "I don't if I should feel ashamed, flustered, or angry at myself."

"Why's that?"

"The Hatter, he showed me the balcony, and I leaned against his arm. I felt something, I felt like I was at home. Though, I'm so far away from home. I don't know how to feel about this, how do I even feel about him?"

She chuckled, "Oh Y/N, you're in love, it's kind of obvious."

"It is!? Oh god I'm so embarrassed," My cheeks began turning bright red, and I covered my face with my hands, "How is he going to react?"

"I'm sure he likes you back, you're nice, you're both in each other's leagues, and I feel like you'd be a great couple," She reassured me.

"Thank you," I began calming down.

After a few more minutes of calming down and trying not to blush, we went back to the group.