"Ryukyu is going to fly Lionel back to the shore so he can get checked out faster," Sir Nighteye replied.

"Not ok with that," I said, putting my hand up like I was going to answer a question, "I can wait."

"Reckless idiot, let Ryukyu help you," Pyro-Shock scolded. I rolled my eyes.

"Didn't you just say you wanted her to help you?" I asked, "make your mind up, you fool!"

"Uh—um—gah! Fine! Ryukyu come help me. He'd probably complain if you held him wrong anyway," he said.

"Alright then," Ryukyu nodded and then someone began sailing back to the docks as she flew away with Pyro-Shock by her side.

"How you feeling down there?" Fat Gum asked.

"Hot," I replied as I shifted so I wasn't on my shoulders, "and hurting."

"Did your eyes always look like that?" he asked as he suddenly appeared in my line of sight.

"No," I replied, "my mental block against the temperatures my flames can get to broke so the full phoenix strength is out. I'll put the block back up later."

It's dangerous. Last time my full heat was available, I almost burned down an entire street. Gotta get this back under control as soon as possible again.

"Why would you put it back up? Isn't it your full power?" he asked me.

"Because my flames get way too hot to cope with," I replied, "physically for me and for quite literally everything and everyone around me. Plus the hotter they are, the faster I burn out which is not, you know, great."

"Ah I see," he moved out of my line of sight, and it fell silent again.

A few minutes of listening to the jet boats engine rumble, we eventually made it to the docks, and I was escorted over to the on-site medics by Sir Nighteye who was also coming over to check on the other three.

After a light scolding from him, we were left to be treated.

"That looks like it hurts, are you ok?" Nejire asked, her eyes were swirling with worry, and I just smiled.

"Don't worry about it. I'll be back to normal in no time," I assured her before wincing and letting out a hiss as the guy trying to treat my crisp black burns pressed down too hard.

"It... might be best to deal with the drug and these burns once we get to the hospital," the man told me as he jumped out of the ambulance and gave me a weak apologetic smile, "excuse me."

"Anyway, are you guys ok?" I asked, turning my attention back to my three friends, "I'm sorry for punching you... and attempting to use my quirk on you..."

"It wasn't your fault," Togata patted my shoulder but instantly regretted it as I hissed, moved back, and glared at him, "Oh whoops... ahaha..."

I rolled my eyes at his reaction and looked to Amajiki who was pretty beaten himself.

"And you?" I asked, "I'm sorry I couldn't stop them."

He shook his head and looked away.

"I-it wasn't your f-fault," he said, "I-it's not yo-your job to prote-ect me all t-the time."

But I feel like I have to with your ever-increasing anxiety.

I sighed and patted his head once I had stood up.

"Hey! You should sit down!" Nejire exclaimed, "You're still cooling down."

"Yes, I'm cooling down, I don't got broken legs, Nejire," I smiled, "walking around won't kill me. Plus I want to find Pyro-Shock and ask him about my Dad before he decides to... You know... Disappear until he calls me to tell me I have a job to do."

I swear that man is the height of irresponsibility.

"I-I'll come with y-you," Amajiki jumped to his feet, visibly wincing before looking to me with determination.

"Uh—are you sure?" I asked, he nodded, "ok then. You two stay here just in case one of the pros come back. Tell them we're looking for Pyro."

Togata and Nejire gave us unsure looks but nodded either way.

After that, me and Amajiki began our journey through the docks and to where all the men had surprisingly been rounded up and captured.

"There's Pyro," I pointed to Pyro-Shock and Delta and began walking over to them, Amajiki followed close behind, "Hey, boss!"

Pyro-Shock turned to me and smiled.

"Ah, good to see you on your feet, even if it's not back to 100% normal," he greeted me, not hesitating to smack my back.

"You idiot, he's injured, remember?" Delta punched him on the top of his head before looking to me, "should you really be moving around? Both of you?"

"Yeah we're good," I nodded, "We're stronger than we look, you know?"

"I'm sure you are," he nodded before looking at the group of criminals, "you four did well this evening. You stopped their plot and totally evaporated and burned up all the drugs they had on that ship, not even one got out. Well, excluding the one stuck in you for the moment, of course."

"And my Dad?" I asked.

"A free man once again," Pyro-Shock grinned childishly. I let out a sigh of relief and nodded.

"Then we'll head back now if you don't want to see Fat Gum while we're here," I said to Amajiki, he shook his head and muttered out something along he'll talk to him later.

As we turned to begin walking back, one of the gang members broke free of their restraints and shot towards us.

"You idiots ruined everything!" the man shouted, "enjoy your punishment!"

Me and Amajiki didn't have enough time nor energy to react and both of us had this weird dude push his hands against our foreheads and then everything went black.