Chapter 12

Two Weeks Later

Taehyung sat alone in the library lost in his thoughts. He was avoiding Bogum a little bit. Not because of what Jimin said, but he just did not feel comfortable. All Bogum would talk about was Jungkook and Tae did not like it anymore. He was slowly realising how invested Bogum was in their relationship.

Also, today was the day the team would be back. Meaning Jungkook would be back.

Jimin had been leaving hints that Jungkook had gotten close with Mingyu and Yugyeom but Tae convinced himself that he does not care.

Sudden screaming, cheering, hooting was heard from the field brought Tae out of his bubble and he could tell they were here. He did not go out but peeped through the window.

He saw Hobi getting out of the bus but Jungkook was not with him. Strange.

His eyes trailed through the boys who'd gotten out but Jungkook was nowhere to be seen. He looked back to the bus as he saw Mingyu clapping and asking people to make way for something.

Like a flash, Jungkook came out with Yugyeom on his shoulders as he ran to the gate for some sort of bet.
T
aehyung's mouth fell wide open at the sight.

'Jeon Jungkook' the crowd was hooting.

Taehyung was reminded of the first day he saw Jungkook at the basketball finals. People were hooting the same way and Tae had felt butterflies in his stomach just by looking at him.

But now? No butterflies. Just guilt.

Looking at Jungkook back to his old self and laughing more than they'd been together made him feel weird. He could see Jungkook scanning the crowd and for a second he hoped it was for him.

'Millie'

Jungkook smiled and the petite girl gave him a high five. Taehyung sighed and went back to his seat.

'Will he come home?'

'Will he talk to me?'

Taehyung thought as he walked through the corridors aimlessly.

'Does he like Yugyeom now?'

And he collided into someone. He looked up and it was Yugyeom.

"Oh hi Tae" Yugyeom said with no emotion.

"Hi" Tae answered.

"Where's Bogum?" Yugyeom started looking for him and Taehyung wanted to throw a fit but he didn't.

"Yugs no"

Taehyung didn't have to turn to see him.

He could hear footsteps approaching and he turned to see Jungkook.

"Jungkook" Tae said.

"Taehyung" Jungkook gave a small smile.

"Oh come on man" Yugyeom whined.

Taehyung looked at Yugyeom. 'Whats this guy's problem'

"I've been thinking and I " Tae began to talk to Jungkook.

"Tae... Take it easy okay? I'll see you around" Jungkook touched his shoulder briefly and left.

Yugyeom shrugged and jogged behind Jungkook.

~

"You still can't face him?" Yugyeom asked Jungkook once they were away.

"Oh it wasn't that.. I'm just seeing him after so long. I'll be okay the next time" Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair.

"I really hope you get over him soon"

"Hmm?" Jungkook asked.

"Nothing" Yugyeom shrugged.

~

Tae had never been cut off by Jungkook but he knew everything was going to be different so he continued walking with a small hint of sadness.

As we passed the locker room he could see Yugyeom and Jungkook laughing together.

'Hmm'

~