The Sorting Ceremony

Start from the beginning

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw
If you've a ready mind
Where those of wit and learning
Will always find their kindness

Or perhaps Slytherin
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I am a Thinking Cap!

(Harry POV)

Everyone burst into applause as the Sorting Hat finished its song.

"When I call your name, you will come forward to put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted." Professor McGonagall said.

"Abbot, Hannah!"

A girl with blonde pigtails went out of the line and walks to the front. Professor McGonagall puts the hat on her head.

There was a pause and then-

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat.

The table on the right cheered for the girl named Hannah as she goes over to the direction of the Hufflepuffs.

"Bones, Susan!"
"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"Boot, Terry!"
"RAVENCLAW!"

The table with Ravenclaws cheered for Terry. Some Ravenclaws stood up and shook his hand.

'Brocklehurst, Mandy' went to Ravenclaw too, but 'Brown, Lavender' became the first Gryffindor. The table containing the Gryffindors burst into an applause.

'Bulstrode, Milicent' became a Slytherin. I am definitely getting sick now. I tried not to show it but I guess (Y/N) sensed me because he placed his hand on my shoulders and smiled at me.

"Finch-Fletchley, Justin!"
"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"Granger, Hermione!"

(Y/N POV)

"Granger, Hermione!"

I looked beside me to see Hermione nervously telling herself to calm down. I placed my right hand on her shoulder. She flinched because of my sudden action.

"You'll be fine Hermione. Calm down." I told her reassuringly.

I guess that calmed her down because her breath slowly became normal again. She walked towards the stool and sat down as McGonagall placed the hat on her head.

It took a while for the hat to decide and then...

"GRYFFINDOR!" the hat shouted.

The Gryffindors cheered for Hermione as I looked at her and gave a thumbs up. She smiled at me back as a sign of thanks.

When the boy who kept losing his toad named Neville Longbottom was called, he almost tripped on the staircase. The hat took a long time to decide when finally it shouted "GRYFFINDOR!"

When Malfoy was called, he swaggered his way towards the stool. The hat barely touched his head when it shouted,

"SLYTHERIN!"

The table with Slytherins burst into cheers. I saw him with looking pleased at himself while joining his friends which is Crabbe and Goyle.

There weren't many people left to sort. 'Moon', 'Nott', 'Parkinson', a pair of twin girls 'Patil' and 'Patil', 'Perks, Sally- Anne' and...

"Potter, Harry!"

(Harry POV)

"Potter, Harry!"