Turns out, I can't sing

A/N: I keep forgetting to talk about this, but have y'all seen that new New York special? It was pretty cool, but I probably won't be adapting it. I'll go into detail about why in the future. As well as that, season 4 has been delayed to 2021, so, uh... oof. Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter!

"John!"

I ignored my dad and just focused on knitting my black and white scarf, knees on my desk.

"John!" Dad came into my room, breathing heavily. "It's a musical emergency!"

"For God's sake, Dad," I groaned. "Are we in a kids' show or something?"

(Actually, we probably were, but besides that...)

"John, this is serious," Dad said, so I knew it wasn't serious.

"Fine, what is it?" I looked over my shoulder for a millisecond.

"The new artist they're featuring on TV..." Dad grimaced. "Her music... is terrible! They kicked off Jagged Stone for some new trash!"

"Oh no," I went back to knitting my scarf. "What a tragedy."

"She cares more about dancing than music," Dad shook his head in disgust. "Can you believe that, Johnathan?"

"I can, actually," I grunted.

"John, I thought you understood music like me," Dad pouted.

"Hey, look, am I doing this right?" I held up my scarf, quickly changing the subject.

"Don't you try to change the subject on- oh, that looks quite good!" Dad came over, checking out my scarf. "Ah, you're really taking after your old man, John." He shook his head. "Now, back to what I was saying-"

And then my phone started buzzing. I had never been so thankful to receive a text message. I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

Alix:

YOOOOOOO JOHNNYYYYYY

Me: what

Alix: HAVE YOU SEEN CLARA NIGHTINGALE'S NEWEST MUSIC VIDEO

Me: no. My dad has tho. He says it sucks

Alix: WHAATTTTTT YOUR DAD HAS BAD TASTE MY MAN. YOU HAVE GOTTA SEE IT. AND ALSO! SHE'S MAKING A NEW MUSIC VIDEO ABOUT LADYBUG AND CHAT NOIR CALLED 'MIRACULOUS'!

Me: is she

Alix: UH HUH! MY FRIENDS AND I ARE GONNA AUDITION TO BE EXTRAS IN IT! YOU SHOULD COME! YOU CAN BE AN EXTRA TOO!

Me: pretty sure i'm already an extra in general

Alix: AW COME ON, JOHN! IT'LL BE GREAT! AND JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE WHO'S PLAYING CHAT NOIR!

Me: I honestly don't care

Alix: TRUST ME, IT'LL BE WORTH IT! YOU'LL LOVE IT, JOHN!

Well, it was either that or my dad complaining about music for three hours. That itself was just as bad as an akumatized villain.

Me: fine. I'll come.

Alix: THEN COME TO GRAND PALAIS NOW! SEE YA THERE!

...

So guess who got to go to the Grand Palais again. I suppose one of the only good parts of being involved with... those people is that I got to go to cool places sometimes.

Anyway, so there I was, the Grand Palais. There was a crap ton of people lined up in front of the central area of the main room, as well as a stage with a backdrop. Those who were auditioning for Ladybug were on the right, those as extras on the left. Nathalie Sancouer was standing in front of the stage with a video call of Gabriel Agreste on her tablet. There was a woman standing on the stage with a star-adorned microphone, greeting the auditionees. I had a pretty good feeling she was Clara Nightingale.