Johnny, part 2

People screamed and ran for their lives, all throughout Paris. But what from? There was no looming monster, no villain flying around and blowing up buildings.

Chat Noir and Ladybug hopped through the city, the former's ears perked up. Ladybug kept her yo-yo in hand.

"Where's the villain...?" she asked Chat Noir.

"Can't say I know, m'lady," he shrugged.

Ladybug gazed down at the streets below. They were so... empty, so lifeless. Grey and bleak. It was like someone had drained the life from the city.

But there was one boy walking through them. He didn't seem to be bothered by anything at all.

"John!" Ladybug gasped. She landed in front of him.

"Heh," John smiled. Blood red tears were pooling down his cheeks. "I knew you two would show up."

"John, we're looking for a villain," Ladybug told him.

"... what's with red on your face?" Chat Noir asked. "Face paint?"

"A villain, huh?" John chuckled. "Well... I know a few of those. They're standing in front of me, right now."

Chat Noir looked around. "Wait... what do you mean?"

Ladybug narrowed her eyes. "Hold on a sec-"

The ground cracked beneath her feet. She jumped into the air, holding Chat Noir's arm. A large, red dagger was sticking out of the ground, inches away from impaling the both of them. The two heroes gazed at it with horror.

"It's you," Ladybug realised, staring at John.

John grinned at her. "Wow, took you awhile to figure that one out, huh?"

"I'd never imagined you'd get akumatized, John..." Chat Noir trembled.

John laughed. "I wouldn't get myself unintentionally akumatized, you know. But hey... I was getting really tired of seeing the same thing over and over again. Hawk Moth doesn't know how to defeat you two." His grin grew. "But I do... Marinette and Adrien."

Chat Noir and Ladybug both stumbled back in horror.

"Don't look so surprised," John titled his head. "I've known your real identities for a while. I figured it out when we first met, for that matter."

"You've known for... for that long?!" Ladybug gasped.

John grinned, holding out his arms. "It's really that obvious. Now, what are you waiting for? Take me down. I'm the bad guy here, right?"

Ladybug and Chat Noir gazed at each other, then at John. They approached him, cautiously.

"Too slow," John waved his hands. From the top, two daggers came flying down.

"By the way," he shrugged. "You can call me Johnny, now. I kinda like the nickname."

Ladybug opened her mouth. "WAIT-"

Too late. The heroes' miraculouses were penetrated, destroying them both.

Johnny grinned. Alright, Hawk Moth... it's your turn...

...

I honestly didn't think things could've gotten worse at that point. Chat Noir was dead, there was a villain running around, and an alternate version of me wanted me dead. Yet, life always found ways to disappoint me.