Chapter Seven

Hello! I'm back! I'm still working on my mental health. It seems that ever since writing this story my PTSD triggers they become more frequent and strong. Luckily I was able to write this chapter all while suppressing my triggers. These nightmares and memories were indeed real and something I had to go through as a child. The goal of this story is to give me the much needed and deserved closure. These thoughts, feelings and some of the characters are real as well but other events and characters are fictional.  I know that PTSD and what I've been through as child will never go away, even after I finish this story, but I hope it will alleviate some of my worries and provide some healing and closure to others. Love you all! <3

By the time Mimi had finished her shower and got dressed Junji was on the bed awaiting for her. Her case of insomnia had been persistent for the past couple of months. She had hoped that by sleeping comfortably in the bed for once and with her husband that it would ease her way to falling asleep. She knew that she needed to get in bed and try to sleep before early morning but she had doubts about this new sleeping arrangement. Will it work? Will her night terrors stop coming?

She had eased her way to the bed and stands there pondering on whether to just ditch it and sleep on the couch again, but telling by Junji's exhausted body and tired eyes, he was in no mood to get into an argument or go through the trouble of getting her to stay in bed.

Junhyung was already dressed in comfortable sleepwear. He was busy untying his hair on the bed, his soft long blonde locks fall and cover his eyes. He notices Mimi's hesitance.

He moves the hair off his forehead to get a clearer look at Mimi. "Mimi everything is going to be fine. I'm not going to hurt you" He says softly. His voice as soft as a cloud.

Mimi closes her eyes, sighing and trying to convince herself that nothing wrong will happen.

"Of course you're not. You never have...I'm just feeling a little uneasy."

Junhyung lifts his legs and slides them under the covers and pats the empty space to his right. "Come on honey. Just get on the bed and I promise you you'll feel comfortable and safe."

She still felt very unsure but knew that taking the first step would be such an accomplishment. She walks to the other side of the bed, gently sits down on the soft mattress, slides her legs and body under the covers and plops her head on the thick white and black patterned pillow. She was finished with the hard parts but the next hard step was getting to sleep.

Junhyung was content with her accomplishing the first step but at the same time felt the space between them was strongly far apart.

Junhyung turns to his side "Are you ok? Do you feel comfortable, Mimi?"

Mimi is staring blankly at the ceiling nodding her head "Y-yeah, I guess so."

"You don't look relaxed. Try to relax a little, babe."

"I'm trying to but my body just won't stop shaking."

Junhyung comes up with a clever and safe way to ease her tension. He scoots over just a little, enough for her to be aware of how close he was. "Can I hold you then? Maybe my body temperature can help you relax."

She turns her neck slightly and gives Junhyung a look of uncertainty. "Umm...I guess so but I don't want to accidentally hit you if a certain sensation comes up"

Junhyung smiles, feeling relieved and content with her reply. Both Mimi and Junhyung scoot themselves over until their bodies touch. They're both facing each, each hearing the sounds of their soft breathing and admiring each detail of their facial structures and features. Junhyung's right hand is caressing her soft curly locks under and with the other wrapped gently around her.